Charcoal Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charcoal Grill

So over the last 18 years I've been grilling on a gas grill and I have decided to get a charcoal grill to use every once in a while. I saw a Weber kettle type grill for $109
    Seems like a good deal. Anyone else have any suggestions for an inexpensive charcoal grill?

I'm looking for something to used maybe once or twice a month. Gas will still be my primary for grilling due to the convenience of being able to burn beef within 10min of firing it up.

Can't go wrong with a Weber. That's old faithful.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I use this one from Walmart with lump coal. Just ate some pork chops off of it, good stuff.
      Attached Files

Comment

Old smokey

Comment

not cheap, but last forever.... pk grills

my dad has had one more than 40yrs; I have one now and like it

Comment

maybe try a cheaper offset smoker, that has a grate for the firebox. Then you'll also have a stickburning smoker to try out when you get a chance

Comment

I would suggest Weber, they aren’t the cheapest, but they last. They also have easy to find replacement grates, etc.

Comment

Plan on buying a chimney charcoal starter. They are cheap and work great! You just fill the chimney up with lump charcoal and put a piece of newspaper or butcher paper in the bottom and light it. You will be ready to cook in not much more than the 10 minutes you said it takes for your gas grill and food tastes so much better!

Comment

Have a chimney starter. Bought it when I got my Smokey Mountain Smoker. Used charcoal exclusively for years prior to gas including chimney starter. Grill on gas on the middle of the week after a day at work much easier than charcoal.

I'll take a look at the Wal-Mart grill. I'm also gonna take a closer look at the kettle grill at HEB. Their website says it's a Weber but don't recall seeing Weber branding on it. Keep the suggestions coming.

Comment

Weber Kettle

Comment

Hank Hill doesn't approve of this thread.....

I grill on a Weber most of the time, can't go wrong with one.

Comment

I don't like gas---no where near the flavor you get with charcoal IMO. Just noted that my favorite type (tall cylindrical ones) has been discontinued so I'm thinking about what to replace it with--Weber might be one I'd try.

Comment

Weber Kettle hands down. Can do direct grilling, indirect grilling, and smoking. I have a gas grill, which is a little easier and less time conuming to get prepped to grilll. The flavor with charcoal can't be beat.

Comment

Weber Kettle is my favorite charcoal grill. I cand do direct, indirect, and smoke on mine.

Comment

Do yourself a favor, Hunsaker barrel smoker.

Comment

Working...
                              X