No announcement yet.

Employee "Stole" From Me: What to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant tell you how many time a employee asked to borrow money for gas til Friday, never seem to find them on Monday. Don't carry cash anymore so no loans.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      That's a chicken **** way of looking at the subject, and they ARE different.
      They are the exact same thing(OP)..... Although it isn't stealing it is lying. I deal with it everyday, all day. A credit bureau is nothing more than a list of promises kept or not.

Some of the other examples are outright theft.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
        I know i messed up, but I prepaid one of my good hands a few hundred dollars when we got rained out all week. He has shown up for an hour of work since then, made 50 excuses why he cant come for the past two weeks etc. Now he blocked my number, and his wife blocked me on Facebook. Its not the money that matters but its the principle. Is there anything I can do or do I just eat it and let karma and the good lord handle it?
        My two cents. You already doubled your loss by spending so much time trying to collect and posting here. I know that sounds harsh but I learned years ago what my time is worth. I stray some days and have to put myself in check and remember my end goals. I feel like I am great at making money when I stay focused. When I stray I get lost and do very poorly running my business.

My advise is View this as a lesson learned and dont spend another second thinking about it. Not sure how long it takes you to make a couple hundred but you now have to concentrate and push twice as hard to make up for the loss. Spend your time moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
          Any way to make it more like a loan? As in any type of document or something that if they disappear they are required to repay the money?
          I would take firearms, knifes, things i found value in. Like a mini pawn shop with out the interest mark up.

Comment

Can't believe there is not one referral to this guy Burnadell on here. Isn't he the guy that takes care of issues like this? For a small fee? I've read a lot about him so he must be good.

Comment

Tagged for later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It seems like so many people in this world do not thing twice about going back on their financial promises, it is sickening. I have been taken advantage of many times by people. It kind of makes me feel like a fool for being generous, but at the end of the day it's only money. I have never really been hurt by anyone who didn't pay me pack because I never gave anything I could not afford to live without. Best of luck to you coming to peace with the situation.

Comment

Cheap way to find his true character, move on.

Comment

No brainer, get rid of him, lesson learned.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                        It seems like so many people in this world do not thing twice about going back on their financial promises, it is sickening. I have been taken advantage of many times by people. It kind of makes me feel like a fool for being generous, but at the end of the day it's only money. I have never really been hurt by anyone who didn't pay me pack because I never gave anything I could not afford to live without. Best of luck to you coming to peace with the situation.
                        No kidding. Deer lease 'favors' are a nuisance that always seem to come back on me. From the guy who drove over my fire pit (alcohol likely involved), the guy who conveniently forgets if he pays back for corn, the guy (tbh) who I let hunt my feeder and thinks he has a right to my corn and camera card to the guy (tbh) who conveniently can't find time to pay for the hog panels that were sold to him for $10/panel. And yet when I meet new folks there is the desire to believe they are solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          He didn't steal.....just didn't pay back a loan.

No different than defaulting on a credit card or having a truck repo'd or filing bankruptcy

No disrespect....but if you give a man your word and take a loan from him and don't pay it back; it is STEALING regardless of what the law says.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                            If you loaned him $200, and never see him again, it was worth it.
                            Haha, this is true.

My wife has a sort of relative (Step sister, but the marriage that makes them related was short and took place when my wife was an adult.) that is constantly hitting her up for money. Anyway, this woman was having trouble making her car payments. My wife gave her money several times and was it was always, "I will pay you back, I will pay you back, but she never did." Well finally the car got repossessed. So she was without a car and she wanted my wife to cosign a loan for another car. We had an old Toyota mini van that ran pretty good. It was the vehicle I drove around for work, it was like 12 years old. So I tell her we will sell it to her for $3,600 and she can pay $100 per month for 3 years (no interest). I went to the title office in the county she lives with her and we transferred the vehicle to her. She paid for the title transfer. I gave her a 1 month to start making payments. I wanted to make it really easy and affordable for her to do the right thing. She never paid us a dime. But the good news was she stopped asking for money for almost 2 years. Well until this last weekend, she hit my wife up again. I can't really complain, I have been very fortunate but I cannot stand the lying, making an agreement and then having no follow through whatsoever.
                            Last edited by Kdog; 05-22-2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Our computer remembers forever, I have a list of guys that did that to us

Comment

Working...
                              X