SPI Fishing Experts Surf vs Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flex View Post
    They really not worth eating? Even a small one bled and blood line removed? I was told blue fish was awful too, and caught some nice ones last year that went straight from surf, to ice, to grill in a few hours and they were dang good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Flex, you're a Kuhnazz! It will be EXCELLENT table fare! (had to use special spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      Woooo! That's what I like to hear! North jetties or south? I've never fished jetties before. I have waded out to breakers in holly beach and casted around them.

They really not worth eating? Even a small one bled and blood line removed? I was told blue fish was awful too, and caught some nice ones last year that went straight from surf, to ice, to grill in a few hours and they were dang good.

SPI south jetties which are inside of Isla Blanca Park. And no, they really are not good to eat at all. I tried once when I was younger and more ignorant and it tasted terrible.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        IF you try to eat a jack, you need to video the whole process... all the way to where you throw up!! If you've never caught a jack, I guess it would be fun, but personally, if someone told me where the jacks were hanging out, I'd go somewhere else!
        If I catch one it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
          Flex, you're a Kuhnazz! It will be EXCELLENT table fare! (had to use special spelling
          I've never had a fish prepared by a cajun that wasn't good!

Comment

Well how's the fishing? We'll be down there next week

Comment

I’m thinking he must a choked to death on that first helping of Creole Jackfish!
              ��

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                Well how's the fishing? We'll be down there next week

Will be headed out of the jetties tomorrow, 15 miles off for some red snapper!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m thinking he must a choked to death on that first helping of Creole Jackfish!
                  ��
                  Haha. Nope. Sorry fellas, had to push it back. Hand surgery was worse than expected. Hopefully able to fish by july 4th. I'm still gonna eat one.

Comment

IF you try to eat a jack, you need to video the whole process... all the way to where you throw up!! If you've never caught a jack, I guess it would be fun, but personally, if someone told me where the jacks were hanging out, I'd go somewhere else!
                    At the end of a day permit fishing down Mexico, our guide will take you to jack holes and have you blind cast. He will tell you to throw back any snapper you catch but will keep any small jacks you catch to take home for dinner. Blew my mind the first time I saw it. Only thing I can think of is that maybe he eats so much snapper he just wants something different.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      At the end of a day permit fishing down Mexico, the guides will take you to jack holes and have you blind cast. They will tell you to throw back any snapper you catch but will keep any small jacks you catch to take home for dinner. Blew my mind the first time I saw it. Only thing I can think of is they eat so much snapper they just want something different.
                      Well once I am able to catch one and work my magic I'll post a thread about it. Will probably try a few different prep methods with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        At the end of a day permit fishing down Mexico, our guide will take you to jack holes and have you blind cast. He will tell you to throw back any snapper you catch but will keep any small jacks you catch to take home for dinner. Blew my mind the first time I saw it. Only thing I can think of is that maybe he eats so much snapper he just wants something different.
                        Well, that is for dang sure DIFFERENT than snapper!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Yep

Jacks are like fat chicks. Once you catch one you'll let the rest go

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          Until you need the action...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1713.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	24582918

Name:	IMG_1702.jpg
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	24582919

Name:	IMG_1704.jpg
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	24582920
                            Had a 5 man limit this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Those coffee grinders will be plenty for reds to 30". All these fish caught on reels of that size. Battle 2 2500 and 3000s. But a jack is gonna wear your azz out on a trout rod

As for the surf it will depend on weather when you get there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              Wooow, very cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X