Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another colonoscopy

Just like Jason said PLEASE GET ONE

Last year I had a little dull pain on my high left side that would come and go. With covid and all that last year I just put it off. Told my doctor about it during my yearly check up in March. He wanted me to do the one thing I didn’t want to do a colonoscopy. I’m only 47 and I dreaded the prep so I continued to put it off. Well after a firm talk from my wife I got it done early September. Took pills for my prep, and whole process was simple. They found a very large mass in my colon that needed surgery. Last week they removed 12” of my colon and a mass the size of a lemon. Been home recovering and had my follow up yesterday, everything was benign!! Thank you lord Doctor said it could have been a lot worse if I would have kept putting it off.
    So please if you are 45(recommended now) PLEASE PLEASE go get your colonoscopy ASAP!!!

AMen! Glad you are ok

Comment

that's the best news ever. I've been putting one off to, thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

Please get it done. Better safe than sorry

Comment

I just turned 55 so I’m due one again. Glad you’re ok & thanks for the reminder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thankful that you got it done and found the tumor before it got worse.

Comment

When on clear liquids prior to it I get a rotisserie chicken, debone it and boil skin and carcass with vegetables and pour through fine colander and eat it as soup. Actually tastes great unlike the can/box broths so you aren't hungry all day before your cleanse.

Comment

Glad you are recovering. Gonna have my first one next week at 53.

Comment

OP, not directed at you personally...

You men need to grow up, and realize the prep is not as bad as you think. A couple hours on the pot WILL save your life.

Last year, 24 hours prior to my prep, I only had beef and chicken stock. No solid food.

After prep, I spent literally 45 mins. Getting clean. It was not a big deal at all.

Honestly, the hardest part was purging the gas after the procedure. Something about letting it rip in the recovery room with strangers. [emoji23][emoji16]

Comment

Glad you're doing good.

Comment

Glad you're doing well. I'm 62 and going to my 2nd one in a couple weeks.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

So glad you finally did that. Putting it off can have lethal consequences.

Get'em done boys and girls!!! Getem done.

Comment

That great news, it's nothing to getting it done.

Comment

Glad you are okay. Maintenance is a good thing.

Comment

My father in law died at 53 with colon cancer, it’s not bad at all. My last one they found polops in my appendix and I had to have surgery to remove them because the doctor couldn’t get to them.

Get it done!

Comment

Working...
                              X