Lumber prices in future months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lumber prices in future months?

I’ve spoke with a couple of builders recently and they are predicting bad things in the future months. In rough, they are saying around December, most lumber will have gone up 65% from what it is now. Slowly starting to increase now. Also, they are saying it won’t drop back down till around same time next year.

Is anyone else hearing this?

Sheeshh

Comment

Didnt know a house builder could tell the future. Sounds like they are trying to lock in prices/contracts.

Comment

I have heard similar but not as high as 65%.

I hope that is not the case because we are supposed to start building in February

Comment

The lumber market is down over 50%….it’s back to 2018 prices.

Comment

Yep we hope to be building next Summer. Was really hoping all materials would trend back down by that time. If what you say is true, then that means we will be going on two full years of this, which most likely means that prices won't ever be back where they were.

Comment

I've actually heard the opposite and from what I've seen materials that we use are still tending down. Concrete steel lumber

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang, and they finally came back down.

J

Comment

Originally posted by ATXRaider83 View Post
                  I've actually heard the opposite and from what I've seen materials that we use are still tending down. Concrete steel lumber

This. I've been purposely holding out building my shop until late this winter with fingers crossed that steel comes down.

Comment

Maybe find a new builder. CDX, OSB and dimensional lumber is not 65% higher than a few years ago. All softwood is dropping in price weekly.

Comment

Random Lengths has printed slightly up over the last three weeks, pretty much across the board for all species of common framing lumber & structural panels.

Comment

And Random Lengths is well behind in pricing up 2 x 4.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                          The lumber market is down over 50%….it’s back to 2018 prices.
                          when steel

Comment

Originally posted by ATXRaider83 View Post

not joist and deck for industrial CRE product.

column steel stabilizing and timelines for delivery getting much back to what they were.

joist and deck is murdering me

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                              Random Lengths has printed slightly up over the last three weeks, pretty much across the board for all species of common framing lumber & structural panels.

Lumber futures are up over 100pts in the last 3 weeks. OSB prices are ticking up in the stores as well as dimensional.

We are not back at low prices. I was paying $9/sheet for OSB in March of 2020 and the futures market was below 400pts it closed over 600 again yesterday. From what I am seeing, reading and talking to my buddy (Homebuilder) everything is looking like it is going to float from between the mid 500's and upper 600's for awhile.

That essentially correlates to: the current store prices should be the norm for quite awhile.

Other building issues are that Hardie products are still through the roof and they just announced that they are discontinuing several of their product offerings. LP has stated that they will no longer be manufacturing engineered lumber outside of wood I- beams and a few other select engineered wood products. Garage doors and Home windows (at least in SETX) have become extremely long lead items as well.

I really need steel to come down but I can't seem to find anything to give me a glimmer of hope that it will anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X