Forgotten password on Apple Ipad Mini 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgotten password on Apple Ipad Mini 4

Did the recover password thing. Get a message Apple will respond in 24 hours. They never respond. Anyone have a way to remove the password for the Apple ID. I am considering getting one of the programs to I guess jail break and reset the Ipad. Then start over with a new apple ID.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Do you have receipt or other proof of purchase?

Son had an old iPad that suddenly locked us out. I bought it but no record of receipt so never got it unlocked.

It was old so never spent much time or money trying to unlock it

Comment

It was a renewed ipad mini... had about 1.5 years/

Comment

Best Buy unlocked my father in laws for him

Comment

You can get more out of Apple if you have proof you bought it is why I asked

Comment

In the same boat with an old Ipad. Broke the screen and let it set for several years. ordered a new screen and replaced it- charged it up and turned it on but I'm locked out. We have some sort of tech repair plan with Best Buy so maybe I'll take it to them and see what they can do.

Comment

Is the iPad setup with the iCloud "find my device"? You might be able to erase it with that.

Also, I believe you can reset it using a computer and iTunes.

Have to turn the device off completely and then while holding down the home button, plug it into computer with iTunes open. It should go into recovery mode.

Hope this helps.

J

Comment

Apple finally came they with a code. Took 3-4 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                  Do you have receipt or other proof of purchase?

Son had an old iPad that suddenly locked us out. I bought it but no record of receipt so never got it unlocked.

It was old so never spent much time or money trying to unlock it
                  Mine is sitting beside my chair---locked out after an operating system update. It was my wife's before she gave it to me and not one of the passwords she has used will work. Took it to the Apple store and they wouldn't help (and I understand why). So I will be getting a new one and starting a new apple account all my own.

Comment

Working...
                  X