Career Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Career Change

At the Ripe Young Age of 54, I have taken the leap and made a MAJOR career Change. After over 25 yrs working in the Food Industry; from commercial kitchens to sausage processing plants; I am changing to the Agriculture Field.
    I was presented and offered a job in the Seed and Fertilizer field. After interviews and site visits, I was presented an Offer Letter. After reading it over and over again, I accepted.
    Good Bye Food Industry and Hello Seed and Fertilizer Industry. This has to be one of the Biggest, if NOT The Biggest, decisions I have ever made. Starting over at 54 years old in a field I have NOT worked in before...
    Wish Me Luck that is all pays off. I am thinking it will

Good Luck!

Comment

Congrats & Good luck sir. I'm 52 an the ups & downs of this offshore life is taking a toll on me. If I had an offer that I thought would be a good move I'd take it as well

Comment

Congrats on your giant huevos. . Good luck

Comment

Good luck!

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          Congrats on your giant huevos. . Good luck
          Eggs?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Good luck!

Eggs?
            Completely changing fields at 54. Eggs the size of grapefruits! Good luck with the new career OP.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a realization the other day that, at 54, I cannot continue to work 6 days a week 12-14 hrs a day. Life is WAY TOO SHORT. All I seem to do is work and sleep 6 days a week. One day a week for a round of golf, hunt, or fish plus yard work and household chores. Just cannot continue on this path..
              Last edited by Bowanta; 07-10-2021, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Takes stones man. But they wouldn’t had made you an offer if they didn’t believe in ya! Full speed ahead.

Comment

Ag retail?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
                    At the Ripe Young Age of 54, I have taken the leap and made a MAJOR career Change. After over 25 yrs working in the Food Industry; from commercial kitchens to sausage processing plants; I am changing to the Agriculture Field.
                    I was presented and offered a job in the Seed and Fertilizer field. After interviews and site visits, I was presented an Offer Letter. After reading it over and over again, I accepted.
                    Good Bye Food Industry and Hello Seed and Fertilizer Industry. This has to be one of the Biggest, if NOT The Biggest, decisions I have ever made. Starting over at 54 years old in a field I have NOT worked in before...
                    Wish Me Luck that is all pays off. I am thinking it will
                    I started over after 31 years in the Supermarket business @ the age of 47 and went into manufacturing. My advice is to take it one day at a time. Gonna be some bumps and learning curves. Best thing I ever did and hopefully it will work out for you as well. Good luck.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

In five years I may be doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
                          I had a realization the other day that, at 54, I cannot continue to work 6 days a week 12-14 hrs a day. Life is WAY TOO SHORT. All I seem to do is work and sleep 6 days a week. One day a week for a round of golf, hunt, or fish plus yard work and household chores. Just cannot continue on this path..

Congrats!!! I was in food distribution sales for 14 years and made a change for the same reason. The money was great but everything else was not!

Good on you and good luck!

Comment

In today's world, it really isn't that big of a leap. Kudos to you and I wish you the best of success!

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                              Ag retail?
                              Yes it is Ag Related. Seed and Fertilizer

Comment

Working...
                              X