2021 Houston Astro’s Official thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El General View Post
    It’s possible. You can replace someone on the playoff roster with someone from the taxi squad, but if you do the player replaced is ineligible for the next series.

But, if LMJ was healthy enough to pitch they would have him on the playoff roster.
    I believe this is correct. I thought that was only for 2020 during the covid year, but I believe you are correct. However, I really doubt that the Stros will replace Garcia with LMCJr for the ALCS knowing that LMCJr is injured with no time table to return and then making Garcia ineligible for the WS without knowing the extent of his knee sprain.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
      I blame Jim Crane for putting the team in this position. With at team this good he should have traded for some more starting pitching. If we even had decent starters we would win it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Did you see their stats at the ASB? Did you notice we had 6 starters at that point?

Easier to say this crap now

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
        Just a working theory here, but what if Luis Garcia gets "hurt" so Lance can rejoin the squad and pitch in game 5 or 6? You'd go with Urquidy in game 3, Greinke in game 4, then Framber, Lance, and the kitchen sink in game 7 if they got there. Any way you dice it, Urquidy has to show up on Monday. That's the one game I don't think you can lose...
        Not happening. LMJ woulda been on the roster if he was healthy enough to throw.

I fear the injury is worse then expected as the Astros usually downplay stuff.

Comment

I really hope the Braves knock out the Dodgers……

Astros need to start mashing the ball….. pitching is falling apart

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

X3

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

I really hope the Dodgers and Astros win…let’s get it on!!

Comment

Whoever wins tonight wins the series IMO!

It will tell alot about the worried Astros rotation to me.

Comment

If they can keep hitting like they have been I think they'll be fine. Yes they lost last game, but they still put up 5 runs. That is the fewest runs they've put up in a game the entire post season. Maybe I'm too optimistic about them, but in my eyes its hard to picture them loosing a series if they keep hitting the way they've been hitting.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                      If they can keep hitting like they have been I think they'll be fine. Yes they lost last game, but they still put up 5 runs. That is the fewest runs they've put up in a game the entire post season. Maybe I'm too optimistic about them, but in my eyes its hard to picture them loosing a series if they keep hitting the way they've been hitting.
                      This right here...... I'd love to play either the Dodgers or Braves; both would have great historical story lines

Comment

Siri starting in Center!

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                          Siri starting in Center!

What? Why?

Comment

Siri starting in Center!

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                            What? Why?

Better "Reception" than sitting in the dugout!! ... couldn't resist...

Comment

Siri starting in Center!

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                              What? Why?
                              Dusty said outfield is big, Siri has better arm than Chaz, Meyers ain’t quite ready, and Siri hits lefthanders better than Chaz😳. Dusty gonna Dusty. Hope it works out. Hope it’s not like his last start with the butcher job in center

Comment

Yep…and Dusty said Fenway outfield is very tough to play in if you have never played there before. Siri has never played there. Hope he has a good game.

Comment

Working...
                                X