No announcement yet.

TAKE THE SHOT or NOT? - #17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres the same angle but shot from a 20 ft stand at 19 yards. He went 70 yards and died. I would shoot 3 inches lower from ground level. And truth be told I was a little more into the shoulder than i needed to be.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4890.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	24490704
    Last edited by Felix40; 03-31-2017, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
      He scores about 163.
      yes so that I don't get misinterpreted . . . i didn't mean that to say he didn't score high.

only that he would look way bigger then he was. To me he's carrying enough bone to be very much north of 163.

Like this one . . . .he scored 159 with more then 38" of mass and his rack literally weighed more then two of my deer in the 80's.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by txdukklr; 03-31-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Bow - Now Way, angle is terrible. Patience.....
        Gun - He's dead.

Comment

Angle's fine, but grass too high. Tree stand yes. Ground blind nooooooooooooo.

Comment

no

Comment

Originally posted by HARDWAY78 View Post
              Angle's fine, but grass too high. Tree stand yes. Ground blind nooooooooooooo.
              "Angle's fine" - No it's not.
              "grass too high" - yeah but you could get away with it if the angle was better.
              Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 04-05-2017, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                yes so that I don't get misinterpreted . . . i didn't mean that to say he didn't score high.

only that he would look way bigger then he was. To me he's carrying enough bone to be very much north of 163.

Like this one . . . .he scored 159 with more then 38" of mass and his rack literally weighed more then two of my deer in the 80's.
                He wasn't that heavy. It was mostly just beams and time length... His left side was wacked. He'd been a 75+ deer the year before but was super old.

Comment

Where’s Tuco!

Comment

Me shoot now.

Comment

I used to pass shots like that until I started hunting elk and realized how frail whitetails are. Heavy arrow and a sharp fixed blade will drive right thru his shoulder at that angle. 30 yards and lots of things change but 17 is a chip shot.

Comment

Nope

Comment

I would not take that shot. Surely he turned a little to give you a better shot.

Comment

Like many others have said, no way I am taking that. I would risk not getting a shot, and have possibly a chance another day. If not, I am not going to starve to death. Rather Then wounding him and possibly not recovering him.

Comment

Shoot him in the head with the bow

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                                Shoot him in the head with the bow
                                White throat patch with a Rage is also an option.

Comment

Working...
                                X