Clear All

now now....

No need to kill them....

Comment

I've got some good Armadillo dogs.... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
        No need to kill them....
        Give me an address and I will drop them off at your place as long as your place is a long ways away from my place.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
          A farmer I used to know showed me how to grab em by the tail and beat em to death on a fence post. He hated the durn things.
          Lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by brutus View Post
            Give me an address and I will drop them off at your place as long as your place is a long ways away from my place.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
              Lmao!
              I ain't kidding. He would see one in his wheat field and run grab it and beat it on a fence post. It was a guy down in Hamilton.

Comment

I just ordered the scented Armadillo trap. They have easily destroyed more than $229/year in landscaping each year. I had the same problem as OP. Set up an elaborate funnel system and caught one. Saw him caught at first light and went back to sleep. When I woke back up, he had torn the door up and gotten away. That was two years ago. Since then, I have killed several with a .22 just catching them in the yard. But that's not enough. If that trap works as they say, I won't stop until there is no longer a ****** armadillo in Hays Co.

Comment

I have never had this many armadillos as we have this year. I use the movement sensors from HF where they've been digging and when it sounds, I get up and pop him/her with a sub-sonic .22 short. I've killed 6 so far.

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
                    No need to kill them....
                    Plenty need to kill them!

Or we can drop them off at your house?

Comment

Well looks like I have me a project this weekend. Gotta love a project. Building me an Armadillo box trap. I will post up when done.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                        I have never had this many armadillos as we have this year. I use the movement sensors from HF where they've been digging and when it sounds, I get up and pop him/her with a sub-sonic .22 short. I've killed 6 so far.
                        I did this as well. However, after being set off a few times in the middle of the night by a feral cat or other critters, I quit on it. I can only get out of bed so many times between midnight and 6:00 am. One of those is to pee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                          I did this as well. However, after being set off a few times in the middle of the night by a feral cat or other critters, I quit on it. I can only get out of bed so many times between midnight and 6:00 am. One of those is to pee.
                          You're lucky with ONE to pee. Enjoy while you can!

I have a "leftovers" area where one or two opossums feed, so I avoid that area for the sensors. Plus, I don't rush outside until I've peeked out the window to make sure it isn't a deer or other critter. And, the older I get, the earlier I go to bed. Sucks getting old!

Comment

Originally posted by brutus View Post
                            You gotta trap them first..... LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
                              Break down and buy an armadillo trap. I got mine in June 2020 and have caught 61 so far. I can not believe there could be that many around. No bait and I just leave it in the yard.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                              Don’t buy one, build it. Mine is about 7-8 yrs old and has maybe 75 car he’s to date. When you catch the first one, leave it in the trap for a day to smell it up well and get’em!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                                A farmer I used to know showed me how to grab em by the tail and beat em to death on a fence post. He hated the durn things.

You must be talk-n about my Godfather! He'd use the back bumper on his truck.

Comment

Working...
                                X