No announcement yet.

What is this pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In one of our past houses we had the set up on the stove top in the island and the vent under the slab but out the side of the house.
    Could this be the pipe to make sure the plumbing isn’t leaking (leak test for me construction). This has been used in two of our new builds and after passing inspection they cut it off and cap it.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
      Foundation issues....RUN.
      You must not live in my area.

Comment

If it's not a vent-a-hood vent it is a possible Radon vent. Radon is a radioactive gas naturally occurring in the soil in some areas. See it a lot up in some northern states. Soils reports for the area will tell what level it is.

Comment

Turn the downdraft on and see if it moves air. I have never seen one run that conspicuously, but that is likely what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
            I found the the clean out on the opposite side of the house and I can tell where it runs towards the road.
            You can have multiple clean outs. I have a 1 story with 3 baths and have 2 clean outs on either side of the front of the home

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              If it's not a vent-a-hood vent it is a possible Radon vent. Radon is a radioactive gas naturally occurring in the soil in some areas. See it a lot up in some northern states. Soils reports for the area will tell what level it is.
              Yep, that is what it would be if you lived up here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes it’s the Jen air vent coming from your island. We used to run them all the time but ran them in the wall with a metal duck and stubbed it out the brick .

Comment

Why not ask the previous home owner ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                    You can have multiple clean outs. I have a 1 story with 3 baths and have 2 clean outs on either side of the front of the home
                    We have two clean outs on our present home.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                      Yep, that is what it would be if you lived up here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                      Anything around Houston is zone 3
                      Only place in Texas that is zone 2 is around Austin. (might explain some things)
                      Way up north is zone 1 and mandates the vents in some building codes.
                      I wouldn't expect to see Radon vents in zone 3 or 2 but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                        Turn the downdraft on and see if it moves air. I have never seen one run that conspicuously, but that is likely what it is.
                        Yep, that’s what I would do. But if it runs toward the street that is not going to be it. If in deed it does run towards the street it would almost have to be sewer drain line, does it smell like poop ? I have vented many a jenn air hood and have never ever seen one done like that, it would most defiantly not be up to code, but people do weird things. If it’s radon, it would not run toward the street either.
                        Last edited by critter69; 10-01-2021, 04:58 PM.

Comment

It is a cooktop vent pipe for a downdraft cooktop.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                            This is funny to me. I sold my house in September of ‘16 and the guy still calls me today asking questions about this and that!

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post

Elderly widow. No luck there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sewer clean out, if installed correctly water should not sit in it. Go flush a toilet and water will flow, needs to be cut and threaded cap put on. Put some shrubs around it.

Comment

Working...
                                X