• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    Wrong George.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Haha, WORD!

Comment

I have no doubt George Jones was a Christian and Jesus Christ showed up to take him home.

We all stumble, we all fight demons but even in our imperfections, once we ask for God's forgiveness and acknowledge His son as Lord and Savior, we are always His. Yes, we will continue to stumble but we will always be His.

Comment

I leave this right here
        [ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2H1a37vbsOk"]George Jones - He Stopped Loving Her Today - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
          The Best Country singer to ever Live!!!!
          Yes sir.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
            I hope he did. George had his demons, but he was (IMO) the greatest male country vocalist EVER.
            I would agree with your statement about him being the greatest. I think "He Stopped Loving Her Today" is my all time favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              I saw him play in a bar outside of Baytown one night. He put on a really good show.

I was also in a bar named Manual's in Mamou, La. one Saturday afternoon when an old man walked in and sat beside me at the bar. after a couple of beers he asked me to let him know if I see a state trooper pull up outside. Or, if I see one walk in. I asked if he was in some sort of trouble. He said no. I am George Jones' fiddle player this weekend and he is sending a trooper to pick me up. I chuckled and went back to listening to the Cajun band that was playing and sipping on my good cold beer. A few minutes later a trooper in full uniform walks in and calls out his name. The old Cajun man looks up and says "see ya later my frand. Old possum is call'n. I about sheet myself."
              I was there too...Silverado club, then became a strip joint..now a rental equipment business....it was later in his career but still great.

I am torn between him or Conway as the best of all time.....

I could listen to nothing but those 2 all day

Comment

Hahaha

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                You think God was wondering if George was actually gonna show up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Don’t believe he would “No Show Jones” to GOD!

Comment

He was good no doubt, but I don't think he was the best. Saw him back in the 70's at the Longhorn Ballroom. He was good, but there were others better. RIP Possum.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                    I was there too...Silverado club, then became a strip joint..now a rental equipment business....it was later in his career but still great.

I am torn between him or Conway as the best of all time.....

I could listen to nothing but those 2 all day
                    That's the place. Had lots of good times there.

Comment

I have to go with Merle as the GOAT but George does have the greatest song of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                        I have to go with Merle as the GOAT but George does have the greatest song of all time.
                        Top 5 for sure...

Sadly they are almost all gone now

Comment

Pretty good story. Jones is a legend for sure. Still waiting to see "who's gona fill their shoes".

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            Shirley you can’t be serious
                            Love me some Jones, but Strait had more #1 hits and sold a ton more records...

Comment

and Tammy Wynette ...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                                Love me some Jones, but Strait had more #1 hits and sold a ton more records...
                                I like George Strait as well, but those stats don't make him "better". I don't think GS has ever written any of his hits. Jones certainly didn't write most of his, but he did some.

Comment

Working...
                                X