Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get your Colons checked guys...I just dodged a bullet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get your Colons checked guys...I just dodged a bullet!

Without going into a lot of detail because some of the path forward is not 100% clear yet, I just dodged a huge bullet. They say men should get their colons checked at 50. I'm 43. I would not have lived to see 50 according to the docs.

Literally went in thinking something else was wrong. Would never have even guessed what was really going on. So if you are north of 40, GET CHECKED!!! It's not fun, but it aint as bad is it sounds, and it could save your life.

There has been discussion in the medical field to change the age from 50 to 40. Good that you caught it early, God was watching over you.

Comment

Agreed - I was just texting with a friend and her neighbor has colon cancer. Found it at stage IV.

Comment

Glad it got caught. I am on the five year plan myself.

Comment

Listen to your body and take advantage of the greatest medical in the world available to us. Glad you caught your condition early.

Comment

I need to do this I've put it off twice. I need to reschedule.

Comment

Can you tell us what caused you to go in?

Comment

Glad to hear you are OK, Mac.

Comment

yup...they cut one out of me that was within weeks of turning bad. Just do it if any history & I would recommend getting the first one at 40 if no history. I turned 50 & been about 3 years ago. Wanted to Hug my regular dr for making me do it when I saw him at the next physical.

Comment

i Just turned 50 so guess the Doc and I will take our relationship to the next level

Comment

did mine last year at 40. the process sucks but great peace of mind.

Comment

at the minimum get the over the counter test - very simple to do and around 90% accurate I believe

Or ask your doctor for the fecal blood test - fast and easy to do -

Comment

I just had one last week. 10 polyps removed. I'm now on an every year screening instead of the 10 year I was on.

Get checked!

Comment

Glad you went and got checked!! Amazing what you can avoid if you catch it in time and like you said its really not that bad. Lost my grandfather to it who would more than likely still be with us if he would have went in and got checked out when things first started. Due to family history i get checked every 4-5 years. Im 33 and have had 3 done

Comment

Lost my old man to Colon Cancer at 56. I went at 34 and had polyps removed, five years later polyps removed and it's time to go again.

Comment

Working...
                              X