Flu shot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flu shot!

If you haven’t got it go get it when you can. My 7 month old spent 2 days in the hospital with it a week and a half ago with type A and Tuesday my wife got type B and know the baby has type B too. Wife’s Dr and pediatrician said the flu is no joke this year. Dr said there is a new alternative to Tamiflu called Zofluza that one dose that will get you back to almost 100% within 24 hours if you get to the Dr within 48 hours of symptoms!

Got mine, Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

No thanks! Used to get one every year.

Last flu shot I got made me sick! I've been told you can't get the flu from a flu shot, so I guess it was just 'flu like symptoms'. Seemed like the flu to me.

That was many years ago, and I can honestly say I feel like I get the flu less without getting the shot than I did when I got the shot.

Comment

Can't take the flu shot. last 2 times it gave me frozen shoulder took 11 months to get back to normal.
        The (supposedly dead) flu virus in the vaccine can attack arthritic joints this was the explanation From my orthopedic surgeon. It's rare but it does happen

Comment

Nope, no thank you.

Comment

Havnt had a flu shot in 15+ yrs. Last time I did was the sickest I had ever been. Never again

Comment

Done! Prayers for healing...

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post

Last flu shot I got made me sick! I've been told you can't get the flu from a flu shot, so I guess it was just 'flu like symptoms'. Seemed like the flu to me.

That was many years ago, and I can honestly say I feel like I get the flu less without getting the shot than I did when I got the shot.
                Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                Havnt had a flu shot in 15+ yrs. Last time I did was the sickest I had ever been. Never again
                You do realize that the new flu shots have been improved and not like they used to be. I recommend you research this and consider giving the shots another try. I did and they did not affect me.

Comment

If you care for the young or elderly it just makes common sense.
                  Got it done.

Comment

Not

Comment

Nope. I have gotten the flu once in my life and I haven't had a flu shot since I was old enough to say no.

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post

Same for me.

Hard pass.

Comment

From CDC website:

Can I get vaccinated and still get flu?

Yes. It’s possible to get sick with flu even if you have been vaccinated (although you won’t know for sure unless you get a flu test). This is possible for the following reasons:

You may be exposed to a flu virus shortly before getting vaccinated or during the period that it takes the body to gain protection after getting vaccinated. This exposure may result in you becoming ill with flu before the vaccine begins to protect you. (Antibodies that provide protection develop in the body about 2 weeks after vaccination.)

You may be exposed to a flu virus that is not included in the seasonal flu vaccine. There are many different flu viruses that circulate every year. A flu vaccine is made to protect against the three or four flu viruses that research suggests will be most common.

Flu vaccine varies in how well it works, and unfortunately, some people can become infected with a flu virus that a flu vaccine is designed to protect against, despite getting vaccinated. Protection provided by flu vaccination can vary widely, based in part on health and age factors of the person getting vaccinated. It also can vary based on the match between the vaccine viruses used to produce vaccine and circulating viruses that season. In general, a flu vaccine works best among healthy younger adults and older children. Some older people and people with certain chronic illnesses may develop less immunity after vaccination. Flu vaccination is not a perfect product, but it is the best way to protect against flu infection.

Even if you do get the flu after being vaccinated, some studies have shown that a flu vaccine can reduce the severity of your illness.

A 2017 study showed that flu vaccination reduced deaths, intensive care unit (ICU) admissions, ICU length of stay, and overall duration of hospitalization among hospitalized flu patients.

A 2018 study showed that among adults hospitalized with flu, vaccinated patients were 59 percent less likely to be admitted to the ICU than those who had not been vaccinated. Among adults in the ICU with flu, vaccinated patients on average spent 4 fewer days in the hospital than those who were not vaccinated.

Comment

Yep! My FIL just was diagnosed with Type A

Comment

I take mine every year and still can't get my feet off the ground

Comment

Working...
                              X