No announcement yet.

School me on Direc Tv setups for deer camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got tired of messing with dishes and such at deer camp.

Bought this
    Enjoy AirPlay without Apple TV. Use these simple alternatives and make the most out of your Apple device. Experience the best of AirPlay Mirroring on your TV.

Now just hook my ipad up to my tv and watch hulu, at deer camp, on bass boat, in car, at tailgates.

Quit dealing with boxes and dishes. I wish I would have quit several years ago. Plus no additional fees of any kind.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
      So to piggyback on this thread, I have Directv and I just requested a new box for my house, and it was delivered and wired in to the wall (not a genie, although all of my other boxes are genies). I took it to the lease where I have another satellite dish, then I wired the box to the dish...it isn’t working yet. Are y’all saying this this method won’t work anymore? It used to, I just haven’t tried it in years. Or is there possibly a setting on the new box I need to fix from switching from the satellite dish at my house to the one at the lease?
      When I take my receiver to the lease I have to go through set up again...I have to change the setting from SWM( i think) to multi.

it is a pain to reset every time I take it, but it works.

When I power up and it says cant find signal
      hit menu
      tab over to the right click on reset (new setup I think)
      it will ask...are you sure...hit the "DASH" key and follow along

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
        When I take my receiver to the lease I have to go through set up again...I have to change the setting from SWM( i think) to multi.

it is a pain to reset every time I take it, but it works.

When I power up and it says cant find signal
        hit menu
        tab over to the right click on reset (new setup I think)
        it will ask...are you sure...hit the "DASH" key and follow along
        Perfect. That’s what I was hoping. I’ll try that, thanks!

Comment

Tagged

Comment

We just added a box onto our house one, but thats 1.5 hours away. I think its tricking the system not sure? Its like $6 a month

Comment

I use dish, they came out to my lease and mounted a satellite dish and gave me another receiver. $50 to mount $6 a month for receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                With 5G coming on quick and technology advances, internet will be everywhere soon.
                k
                Last edited by ghostgoblin22; 11-14-2019, 04:24 PM. Reason: wrong person

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                  I think it is dependent on getting high speed internet to rural areas. Many people can't do streaming because of slow internet.

false, its all about the processing in the device your using, for example FireTV processor compared to ROKU, Xbox One, apple tv is ****....ROKU is the best streamer, I have a deer lease near childress and I get 1 bar LTE maybe and 3g mostly but still can use the hotspot on my phone and it streams very good still, now 3-4 streams at once on crap internet that's when it wont work

Comment

Following.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                      So to piggyback on this thread, I have Directv and I just requested a new box for my house, and it was delivered and wired in to the wall (not a genie, although all of my other boxes are genies). I took it to the lease where I have another satellite dish, then I wired the box to the dish...it isn’t working yet. Are y’all saying this this method won’t work anymore? It used to, I just haven’t tried it in years. Or is there possibly a setting on the new box I need to fix from switching from the satellite dish at my house to the one at the lease?
                      one other thing when you do the new set up. When I do it, i usually will have all or mostly all "X"'s as far as satellites go. I just ignore that stuff and press "continue". other than most of the HD channels I get the rest. Just the non HD version. I actually talked with a tech while I was there once & he walked me through it.

Comment

Working...
                      X