Real deer hunting cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nelson View Post
    So I ran the hard math this morning to see what my $ was per year on deer hunting. Super scary for a person like myself that makes a good living to have almost 19% of my income go to deer hunting. I have been hunting for 40 years and to tell you the truth it doesn't have the appeal as when I was 20 or 30 or 40. Been their done that. I love firearms and will always shoot but the cost is weighing heavily on me to retire within the next 30 years.

First year sense I was 16 that I didn't bow hunt except for a co elk trip. First year I went to fill feeders which we have 18 with no help last weekend. Every year everyone invites their self to opening weekend of rifle.

It's hard to keep a place with everything going without passion.

Sounds like your just getting burned out by having some really crappy friends.

Lock the gate and enjoy the season by yourself.

Comment

Good Lord man...why don't you just figure out how much per pound the meat costs!

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
        I don’t know the exact amount spent because of the miscellaneous cost. Since I moved to Missouri, I don’t have a lease but hunt all season on public or private access. Over the last 3 years and including taxidermy I have spent $238,000. This includes deposits on upcoming hunts like dall sheep, grizzly, mountain goat, Cape buffalo, sable, caribou, Rocky Mountain sheep, and a few lower 48 hunts. Truth be told, the meat in my freezer is probably about $1,000 per pound..
        You misplaced a comma, right?

Comment

What the hek else would I spend all that money on?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
            You misplaced a comma, right?
            Unfortunately, no.

Comment

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post
              It doesn't have to be expensive. I pay $1750 year round with 6 large lakes. 5 people on a thousand acres in Mills County. And spend about a grand on fuel and food.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
              Dang do you have any openings?
              PM me if you do. Thanks
              Last edited by kruppa24; 10-31-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Don't know and I don't care. Memories made while hunting or fishing with family and friends is what I live for.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                  Hunting can cost what u want it to (within some boundries) public land is not expensive. If you lease, you do have the cost of the lease, but a $400 plywood blind works just as well as a 3K fancy one, You don't need 15 bows or guns, 1 is all you need. You don't need a diesel F250 to pull your 4 wheeler on a trailer. Camo does not have to match and what you wore last year will work fine this year and the next few years as well. You don't have to feed protein. Learn to weld, you can build things cheaper then you can buy them (plus it is fun), a $150 feeder made from a $10 barrel works just as good as a $1000 feeder u buy. A 3K camper works just as good as a 25K camper. You can go high end or budget, it is up to you. And whether it is important to you to keep up with the Jones or not.
                  Yep.....100%....you can hunt deer for MUCH less than has been described above, but, if you insist on flying private, you'll pay out the arse for the privilege.

I kept receipts for several years.....just found em moving stuff from one camper to another..... obviously never added them up to avoid sticker shock.....😉

I work my *** off ten months a year just so I can go hide for the better part of 2. It's like Christmas and summer vacation for me. I don't waste money, at least by my definition, but, I don't scrimp either. If the family is fat and happy, then enjoy ones self. You only pass through this earthly life once.

Comment

Deer hunting is cheap, just write everything off at the end of year on your taxes

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                      The deer hunting is my cheapest expense.

It's all the beer that gets drank that makes my wallet cry
                      Preach brother!

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                        Preach brother!
                        This is expensable also

Comment

You think deer hunting is expensive dove runs$250 a pound

Comment

When I started tracking it more closely, I found that I spent like forty-two percent of my income on hunting/fishing expenses, leases, guns, dogs, and travel expenses.

The remaining 58% was just wasted on stupid stuff.

Comment

This thread is was and always will be a very bad idea. I refuse to read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m scared to do my figuring, I probably should but if my wife found out I’d be in the dog house and it’s cold out side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X