This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TC View Post
    Ags looked flat until the 4th quarter. It was a really hard to watch such a great run defense give up yard after yard. Last year against Auburn they only gave up 18 yards on the ground. They had nearly triple that by the 2nd play of the game. It seems Gus's bag of tricks always seems to work. Everyone wants to blame Mond but he wasn't the problem. He played great. 31-49 / 335 Yards / 2TDs and I know he threw the ball away several times and had several balls dropped by Receivers. Running game has to improve and so does the offensive line or Ags will be sitting at 7-5 AT BEST by the end of the season.

Ags will probably have a close one this weekend in Dallas because its always a close game with the pigs.

Ags 38 - Ark 30

With the way LSU is rolling, I personally think they are the best team in the country right now and wouldn't be surprised if they win the Natty this year.
    Yeah, sorry but Mond didn't play great. He just played better than the OL did.

Mond's stats may look good, 63% for 335 yards and 2 TD, but the dude flat out misses open deep balls, refuses to pull the ball down and scramble even with the first down waiting on him to do so, and is checked out the first 3 quarters.

The WR drop balls, and we lack speed at the position, but Mond misses to many open WR's by not throwing to them.

Mond will never play consistently enough to ever take us to that next step, I sure hope Calzada is ready next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

Saturday night was Ingrams first game without a knee brace and you could tell!

Oh yeah, finally had his shake & bake working again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
        Mond didn’t play great, but he played well. He’s still not making the best decisions. Taking too long pre-snap and not using his legs enough.

The bigger issue is it’s becoming abundantly clear that this offense is relying on Mond to be great all the time.

I believe a lot of people bought the early hype that Jimbo was ahead of schedule with putting together a competitive team. Maybe he would’ve been if it weren’t for so many injuries on offense(mainly Cupp and Corbin). This game was a reality check that he still needs another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        2018 team was better than this one, that's the issue. I expected 8-4 in year 2, but if you're going 7-5 you better be competitive and we're 0-2 in the big games being competitive.

Comment

Comment

Ags suck arse.... Was hoping a 9-3 finish, very very hopeful obviously, with a single upset of the big 4 but now with that display of Auburn its 7-5 all day if we don't manage to lose another random game in there....

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
              2018 team was better than this one, that's the issue. I expected 8-4 in year 2, but if you're going 7-5 you better be competitive and we're 0-2 in the big games being competitive.
              Trayveon?

Comment

Gundy just called a journalist a Jack***** on the weekly conference call, lol. Just buried him!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  Trayveon?
                  That's a part of it, but Trayveon wouldn't of done much more Saturday with the way our OL played.

OL has regressed, and we don't have a TE safety blanket like Sternberger was.

We have no team speed at WR, RB (now that corbin is out), TE, or DE. We have like 15+ WR and maybe 1 is a burner.

We NEED Achane & Ngata at RB... Cupp will help with TE speed (**** Injury), and Demas will start instantly he has speed and length.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                    That's a part of it, but Trayveon wouldn't of done much more Saturday with the way our OL played.

OL has regressed, and we don't have a TE safety blanket like Sternberger was.

We have no team speed at WR, RB (now that corbin is out), TE, or DE.
                    This is a big factor for Mond playing at the next tier in my opinion. Believe someone on here made this assertion a couple weeks ago and they are spot on.

Then again not hitting the side of a barn door + dropped passes make this shine more than it should.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      This is a big factor for Mond playing at the next tier in my opinion. Believe someone on here made this assertion a couple weeks ago and they are spot on.

Then again not hitting the side of a barn door + dropped passes make this shine more than it should.
                      We have no play maker on offense. We have some possession receivers who struggle at possession lol.

If mond would just scramble, or more design runs, it would help open up the game but he just refuses unless its a free offsides play and instead of throwing deep he runs a 3 yard scramble out of bounds

This was the first game I've watched I can say Jimbo got out coached and worked.

Comment

Not looking good on the injury front. Have now lost Josh Thompson for the season and Jalen Green for a month or more.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

He also makes really poor choices on when to hand off the ball and when to pass.

Several of the RPO plays got stuffed when Mond could have thrown for 10-12 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                            Is Arky really that bad or have they been practicing for the jerry world game all season?
                            I’m too afraid they may not have to practice much and this may be their closest chance at a P5 win all year. Just rattle Mond and they have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                              Not looking good on the injury front. Have now lost Josh Thompson for the season and Jalen Green for a month or more.

When do they expect foster & overshown back?

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                                When do they expect foster & overshown back?
                                WV

Comment

Working...
                                X