Buying my first suppressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    I bought the Crux ARK46 instead. MUCH lighter and just as versatile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I don't see where it says it can handle 338 Lapua pressure. Does your manual say it can? Not being argumentative, I am considering them for my next can.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
      You guys should keep waiting until one day when the wait isn't so long. Then you can get one.

#NotLogic

Focus grasshopper! I didn't say I was waiting because it takes a long time to get approved. My statement is all about the bureaucracy and red tape involved in what should be a simple over the counter purchase. No reason at all for it to be any different than a background check when you buy a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7X View Post
        Form 1 a homebuilt and have approval in approx 30 days right now.
        Interested in this. Are you talking about something like a mag light suppressor with stainless or aluminum freeze plugs? Where would an honest man go to see about getting the paperwork started on something like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
          Interested in this. Are you talking about something like a mag light suppressor with stainless or aluminum freeze plugs? Where would an honest man go to see about getting the paperwork started on something like this?

Print it out. Fill it out. Send it off with $200 check.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
            You can buy then over the counter in most European countries. Even the ones with much more strenuous gun laws.
            Don't move to the EU just yet. The police get to visit your home to look at your firearm storage, and then contact your doctor to ask about your mental health. And with no 2nd Amendment, what is so easily given can easily be taken away (read up on NZ if you haven't already). I hate our NFA wait times and $200 taxes, but I’ll take American gun laws over any other country in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
              Don't move to the EU just yet. The police get to visit your home to look at your firearm storage, and then contact your doctor to ask about your mental health. And with no 2nd Amendment, what is so easily given can easily be taken away (read up on NZ if you haven't already). I hate our NFA wait times and $200 taxes, but I’ll take American gun laws over any other country in the world.
              lol.. Make no mistake I have absolutely no intention of going anywhere near there. I wasn't saying their gun laws are better, just saying that suppressors aren't considered guns. They're mufflers.

Comment

lol.. Make no mistake I have absolutely no intention of going anywhere near there. I wasn't saying their gun laws are better, just saying that suppressors aren't considered guns. They're mufflers.
                Where can I buy one of them there mufflers?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly G View Post
                  Where can I buy one of them there mufflers?
                  IM afraid you can't have one...

Comment

IM afraid you can't have one...
                    I want a Red Ryder Carbine Action 200-shot Range Model air rifle!!!

Comment

I have an AAC cyclone for my 300bo.. bought it 6 or 7 years ago.. wish I would have done a bit more research and asked around.

Kind of want another thats a bit lighter and has the QD function so I can switch between rifles easier and still have a break.

Matt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s so funny......the first can I got, I was consumed with the decibel ratings, and running subs. I ended up with a 21oz can, and built like a tank. By the third one, all I was interested in was weight and accuracy, so I got an ultra 7. Never looked at the decibel ratings on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is the wait for the can or your paperwork to be approved? Thinking of starting the paperwork now and pick up a can when its all signed and sealed. While im asking questions, is it feasible to shoot super sonic without ear pro?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                            Is the wait for the can or your paperwork to be approved? Thinking of starting the paperwork now and pick up a can when its all signed and sealed. While im asking questions, is it feasible to shoot super sonic without ear pro?
                            Some will say yes, but they most likely already have hearing damage or they soon will. I shoot suppressed most of the time and I still wear Sordin MSA’s for every shot. Even when hunting. I shoot 4000-5000 6mm and 6.5mm rounds per year. Even with a can, you’ll still be deaf if you don’t wear ear pro when shooting that much. I have Thunderbeast Ultras, Silencer Co, Shark, Scorpion, & Silencer Tech.....they all hurt my ears without ear pro with center fire calibers.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                              The wait is for the ATF to approve your Form 4, the form used to transfer it from the dealer to you. The form requires the serial number of the can, so the can purchase is step 1. Completing the Form 4 is step 2. Waiting is step 3.

Shots from bolt guns are plenty hearing safe imo. Rapid fire from a semi auto can get a little loud, but many do not wear ear pro.

Find a dealer that does demos and go check one out. Take your checkbook.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve been waiting since April for mine. Getting a .22. Can’t wait to squirrel hunt with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X