Having water delivered to your camp ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having water delivered to your camp ?

Have a place with a small cabin/house in the country with no city water and the old well dried up years ago. ? Is is there some in town entity that can and will deliver around 500-1000 gallons and pump it into a plastic water tank for all around use for me? Needs to be drinkable if possible or at least safe for showers and dishes and boiled coffee!
    Would probably need to be topped off every couple of months or so depending on usage. Good luck on everyone’s hunting this year!

Sure miss those days of being able to hunt a lease for a nominal cost that didn’t create greed and a feeling of despair if you didn’t kill something!

Catch it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      Catch it

I tried that but it always falls out of the net, holes must be too big.

Comment

Catch it was a real answer. There’s better options than a net though.

Maybe contact the nearest fire department. Most likely it’s a volunteer department. Throw them some money and the may be willing to bring a truck out to fill it.

I don’t think you will have drinking water either way you do it. For that I’d buy 5 gallon water jugs.

Comment

What he said! My thoughts also and seems to be the easiest solution to the problem!

Comment

If you go the fire dept route ask if they batch mix foam in their water tanks or tankers at fires. I would stay away from that if it is a commercial foam being used(chemical cancer implications)If they just dump some Joy soap in there then you don't even need bar soap to lather up in the shower.
            Answer is yes there are some places that will transfer potable water for a price. If you have a large tank or cistern you can add a little bleach.

Comment

We take a 250 gallon tote to a house in town and give them 20 bucks everytime we fill up. Cost us 40 to 60 a year. I would catch it off the cabin but not sure how to with all the trees we have.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                We take a 250 gallon tote to a house in town and give them 20 bucks everytime we fill up. Cost us 40 to 60 a year. I would catch it off the cabin but not sure how to with all the trees we have.
                We had a 350 tank with a 12 volt pump attached on a 5x7 trailer that we would fill and use at our lease.

Comment

We have had ours delivered for 16 years now. Call a oil field supply company in the area and ask them for the name of someone who hauls fresh water. We get 2500 gallons because that's the size truck he has for $150. We have a 3200 gallon tank. Years ago it started out at $75. We only use it for showers, dishes and cleaning deer outside.

For drinking, coffee making and cooking we use 5 gallon jugs on one of those water cooler machines you can buy anywhere for $100 bucks.

We have kicked around the idea of making our own water hauling trailer. We can get fresh water at a little store about 10 miles from us for $25 a 1000 gallons.

Comment

Several years ago we had the same problem and ended up using a 250 gallon tote and buying water from a guy in the closest town. It was a pain in the butt. Now we catch the water and run it through a filter. Once we started doing this we have had more water than we need.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      Catch it

That would be a secondary option to help keep it from running out as soon. Don’t really want to rig up a big enough clean trapping system and besides we don’t get all that much rain there as a rule.

Sure miss those days of being able to hunt a lease for a nominal cost that didn’t create greed and a feeling of despair if you didn’t kill something!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Catch it was a real answer. There’s better options than a net though.

Maybe contact the nearest fire department. Most likely it’s a volunteer department. Throw them some money and the may be willing to bring a truck out to fill it.

I don’t think you will have drinking water either way you do it. For that I’d buy 5 gallon water jugs.

That’s what I’m thinking as well, not sure if their Dept is voluntary or paid and taking drinking water is a doable option!

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                          If you go the fire dept route ask if they batch mix foam in their water tanks or tankers at fires. I would stay away from that if it is a commercial foam being used(chemical cancer implications)If they just dump some Joy soap in there then you don't even need bar soap to lather up in the shower.
                          Answer is yes there are some places that will transfer potable water for a price. If you have a large tank or cistern you can add a little bleach.

I’ll be sure to remember that, pre soaped water might be an idea! [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post

Another good option and we do have a friend in town that would hopefully be open to this! Smaller scale but doable!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                              We have had ours delivered for 16 years now. Call a oil field supply company in the area and ask them for the name of someone who hauls fresh water. We get 2500 gallons because that's the size truck he has for $150. We have a 3200 gallon tank. Years ago it started out at $75. We only use it for showers, dishes and cleaning deer outside.

For drinking, coffee making and cooking we use 5 gallon jugs on one of those water cooler machines you can buy anywhere for $100 bucks.

We have kicked around the idea of making our own water hauling trailer. We can get fresh water at a little store about 10 miles from us for $25 a 1000 gallons.

Good info right there as well!

Comment

Working...
                              X