Rattling 'em in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rattling 'em in?

I have been bowhunting for about 8 years on and off. finally got onto a lease this year with some good friends out by jacksboro/bridgeport. I have only ever shot doe for meat, never had the time or money for a buck. However this year its ON. Anyone ever have luck with rattling in October here in North Texas from a bow blind?

We have a family ranch in Jack County and I’ve rattled in a couple deer late October early November. Could have killed a couple from a bow blind but I was young and a gun hunter at the time.

Comment

Killed a buck between Bowie and jacksboro two years ago. Walked in first sit with a rifle and started rattling, he came running in. I think that was the day before thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just try it in late October. If the deer are moving it may work. Try it along with a grunt call when doe and small bucks are visible. You can watch their reactions. If they're not running away it's not hurting anything.

Comment

Rattled in uncountable young bucks in October.

If your rattling at a feeder... I wouldn’t. Rattling is all about 2 things: timing and LOCATION! if they can see there’s nothing there it’s over, if they can get the wind on you safely (and they will try)... over.

One draw back to rattling early is you will likely call in the youngsters. Now if your gonna shoot em then it’s not really a negative. If your gonna pass em... they are gonna find you I promise lol. Now you got educated and blowing deer around you. They will peg your location like a bird dog on point.

Comment

Rattle away from your setups during the rut. Until there's a reason to fight, mature bucks are likely not going to be responsive.

Comment

Light tickling of the horns will work. No full fights until the prerut or rut.

Comment

Working...
              X