No announcement yet.

The Fat G Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really cool thread! Congrats on all the upgrades. Looks like a fun place to ha g and hunt.

Comment

Loved reading this thread.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

The Fat G Ranch

Sad news at the ranch. Our LO passed away last Wednesday, suddenly. We laid him to rest this past Saturday. This wasn’t just a landowner. He was a friend and the father of my good friend. It was a sad, sad week. I don’t know yet what that means for the future of the ranch. Not the right time to have those conversations anyway.

We were planning to go this past weekend and do some work and bowhunting. Of course we cancelled those plans to attend the funeral instead. Our first deer season trip won’t be until opening weekend of rifle season now.

I had a good conversation with his wife yesterday. I had some accounts in his name we needed transferred to hers and she mentioned some work that needed done at the ranch. We will of course get that done for her.

The animals harvested this season will have a special meaning to us all.

Rest in peace Mike. You were a great Christian, Husband, Father, Grandfather, Mentor, and Teacher. Your loss from this Earthly plane hurts, but your impact on those still here will live on for generations. I look forward to seeing you again one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by CentralTXHunter; 10-28-2020, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Sad news. sorry for your loss.

Comment

Have really enjoyed this thread and watching the progress you guys have made. Sorry for your loss and prayers sent to you and your buddy's family for their loss. You and your family have made some great memories this summer, hopefully there are more great times to follow.

Comment

Man that is a huge bummer. Sorry for your loss and hopefully things can work out with the ranch in the mean time. This thread is fun to follow. Y’all did some good work and have some great animals.

Comment

Great thread ! Hopefully it all works out for you and the family.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know that being out there will keep the memories alive for you and your family. Good luck this season.

Comment

Dang Brent, Sorry to hear about your friends Father.

Y’all have made awesome strides on this place and the memories y’all have and will make out there will certainly be a tribute to him and his kindness.

Comment

Thanks Reed and everyone else. Definitely put a damper on the season, but we are going to push through and cherish every moment.

Comment

Good luck with the lease Brent. RIP to the landowner.

Comment

Opening weekend of rifle was pretty slow for deer movement. We saw a ton of hogs(put down a few) some small groups of auodad, a few does with yearlings, and some young bucks.

Of course we had things to fix. We repaired the feeder I made a temporary fix with a koozie a month or so ago. We anchored the feeders at the 110 that blew over, so hopefully that issue is over. We also adjusted feed times. We had two feeders that went off crazy early on opening morning. It was warm and the wind was ripping out of the canyons.

We met the guys that hunt the property right before the 110 acres Mike purchased before he died. They were a super nice generational group. Pretty cool to see 3 generations hunting together. We exchanged numbers in case either needed help sometime. Also met another “hunter” that has adjacent property to ours. He was pretty sketchy and is apparently in a dispute with his uncle over the property. Got a vibe that we need to keep an eye on him for sure.

I headed home yesterday after the morning hunt and a little work. Joe, Keegan, and Truitt stayed for today since they were off work/school for Veterans Day.

Joe popped a nice 10 this morning that we’ve had on camera regularly.

He’s headed back home now and Keegan and Truitt are staying for the evening hunt. Hopefully they have some luck.

I won’t be able to make it back down until December. I’ve got honeydo’s this weekend and then I’ll be on a drawn hunt at Laguna Atascosa the 20-24th. Follow that up with hunting the in-laws in DeWitt County over Thanksgiving.

Thanks for following along!

Comment

Very cool! Thanks for the update. Will you be starting a thread for your Nilgai hunt?

Comment

I’ll be down for the 11/20 Laguna hunt as well. Feel free to shoot me a pm and we can exchange notes and hopefully help each other with packing out a nilgai.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                                Very cool! Thanks for the update. Will you be starting a thread for your Nilgai hunt?

I’ll probably just be posting on the 2020 Laguna thread that’s already going.

Comment

Working...
                                X