No announcement yet.

Dreaded medical procedure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a follow up appt. with my family dr. in the morning. Gonna ask to get a referral for the scope. Been a while since the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      Had the deed done this morning thankfully! They found one very small polyp so we are waiting to see what the biopsi says. Gatorade is now off the list for future drinks! LOL!
      This prep was way easier than the first, but still not enjoyable.

Time to eat!
      What do you mean...You aren't allowed to have Gatorade before the scope? When I had mine a few years ago, I was told nothing red or purple.

Comment

I’m coming up on mine. I don’t look forward to it but it’s good prevention.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
          What do you mean...You aren't allowed to have Gatorade before the scope? When I had mine a few years ago, I was told nothing red or purple.
          All I drank was Gatorade and when I added the Miralax, it made the Gatorade taste bad, so it will be a while before I want anymore!

Comment

My wife had one a week ago. At the time we were told that she had multiple lipomas removed and inflammation at the ileosecal valve, but no major concerns. Now we got a call that the doctor wants a ct scan of her abdomen. She called the Dr back and there was no concern of cancer, only inflammation. I guess it's good to be proactive but jeez... Kinda went from normal to scary for a bit. Hopefully the CT scan shows a normal gut.

Comment

I have a friend who almost died after his colonoscopy. The doctor nicked a blood vessel, sent him home and two days later was in the hospital having emergency surgery to try and stop the bleeding. Got an infection after that and almost died before they got it under control.

Not to scare anyone but there are risks with any procedure you have, like it was said in an earlier post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                I have a friend who almost died after his colonoscopy. The doctor nicked a blood vessel, sent him home and two days later was in the hospital having emergency surgery to try and stop the bleeding. Got an infection after that and almost died before they got it under control.

Not to scare anyone but there are risks with any procedure you have, like it was said in an earlier post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Thanks I'm going in Monday for a colonoscopy

Comment

Its not that bad. The worse part of it is drinking that "crappy" liquid. You are not completely out during the procedure, but you cant feel anything. Just don't look at that tube coiled up on the table marked off in FEET, and you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                    Thanks I'm going in Monday for a colonoscopy
                    You will be just fine, I'm confident of that!

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                      Its not that bad. The worse part of it is drinking that "crappy" liquid. You are not completely out during the procedure, but you cant feel anything. Just don't look at that tube coiled up on the table marked off in FEET, and you will be fine.
                      I was out and I mean out during this deal. Do not remember a thing! Part of that was I did not sleep a wink the night before thinking that with all this stuff I had to drink to clean me out, I would short whatever I was laying on and never be able to clean it ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post

Not to scare anyone but

We can tell...

Comment

[ATTACH]1018841[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                            That was probably a top most embarassing part in my life.
                            Dang, that's saying something...

Comment

Better now than later

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
                                Dang, that's saying something...
                                Number one, without a doubt, would be the NCAA drug test.

Comment

Working...
                                X