No announcement yet.

Rocky Mountain Ntnl Park trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great shots man! I'll be out there in September as well chasing the elk rut. For not seeing a ton of wildlife, looks like you made the most of the animals you saw. That weasel photo is fantastic.

Comment

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Well done Sir!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          Holy crap!

That weasel photo is a top 5 photo that I have ever seen and such a unique shot!
          X2

Comment

Thanks everyone. The weasel pic was one of those "how the heck did that just happen" moments. On a 10 mile trek I noticed a doe in heavy timbers and was just playing around shooting. pretty far away as I had my lens at 600mm. I shoot manual so my settings were dialed in because the deer was just standing there. Then all the commotion started just a slight bit closer and up popped the weasel. It was only there a split second and I'm not sure how I found it in a 600mm lens so fast but I pulled focus and a 10 shot burst and wound up with 3 keeper photos of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
              Great shots man! I'll be out there in September as well chasing the elk rut. For not seeing a ton of wildlife, looks like you made the most of the animals you saw. That weasel photo is fantastic.
              I'm not on here too much but I saw your killer photos from what I guess was your last trip there and was hoping to see something like that. You'll have to let me tag along one day and show me how it's done. lol

Comment

great pic thank you

Comment

good stuff man!

Comment

Great pics

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      The trails we went on were on the Estes side and were the heavier trafficked "day" trails. The first lake pic is sky pond and the second is lake of glass. Sky pond is right above Lake of glass and you have to climb a waterfall to get to those. "The Loch" is a ways below.
                      One of my favorite trails in the lower 48, last time I hiked it there was patchy ice on the waterfall and it was a bit sketchy. Great pics but saturation level is a tad high.

Comment

Awesome pictures. Just got back from there ourselves. We did Estes Park, Steamboat Springs and Glenwood Springs.

Comment

What a beautiful place!

Comment

Working...
                          X