Cutting a Rubber Stall Mat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutting a Rubber Stall Mat?

Anyone ever do this before? Can I just use a circular saw with a standard wood cutting blade? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Razor knife is what I use.

Comment

I used a 6 piece rubber gym puzzle mat I ordered from Amazon, it’s a 4x6 I had to trim the edges a bit and I used razor blade knife. The mat was less than $19 and knife I got it at harbor freight for a few bucks awhile back. It’s held up pretty good so far.

Comment

If you fold it over, the bent side cuts like butter with a sharp knife.

Comment

Razor knife.

Comment

Here’s what I’m trying to do. Our warehouse floor has a pretty big lip at top of ramp and I’m afraid it will destroy our forklift tires going in and out. Thinking a strip of 3/4” stall mat might solve the problem.

Comment

How are you going to hold strip in place

Comment

razor knife will cut it as accurately as the operator of the razor knife can cut. I drew lines on the mat with a paint marker and cut down the line with a razor knife and it worked great. You will want to sink some screws through the mats with rubber washers to keep the mat from moving around on you.

Comment

We go over stuff way worse than that on our forklift every day. We have several transition and a aspahlt holey driveway we go through daily. We have hard surface tires and they have help up fine on 2 forklifts for the last 10 or so years. Now that being said its rough!

Comment

I used a jigsaw and a coarse blade (I think it was 6 or 8 TPI) to cut stall mats for bedliners. Worked great. Set the saw's orbital action for an aggressive stroke. You could also try a Bosch rubber cutting jigsaw blade.

cricman

Comment

just use a box cutter. Once you get the initial score in place, it will only take 2 or 3 passes to cut through. Makes a precise clean edge.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        How are you going to hold strip in place

Good question. Was hoping it would be heavy enough to stay put.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                          Good question. Was hoping it would be heavy enough to stay put.

It wont be heavy enough to stay put. You will need to sink a few masonry screws through it to keep it from moving on you. OR you can cut your strip and then counter sink masonry screws through a strip of curved wood edging to hold it tight against the lip of the concrete.

Comment

utility knife after chalk marks...basically you score it several time and bend it at the score and keep on cutting...did it with a horse mat for my pickup bed mat

Comment

Thanks all!

Comment

Working...
                              X