Comment

Awesome!!!!

Comment

This is on my must do list!!

Comment

havent got to try this yet! need to get on it

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            We were fortunate to go with friends, so I can't recommend a guide service. Sounds like BBS has a solid option. I'm not well versed in flounder migration, but I think October is probably the best month to go. Gigging isn't permitted in November and the limit is 2 from December 1-14.

Any experts have more input?
            Any time you're in Galveston, you can go park out by the end of 8-mile road and just wade in heading East (shoreline to the right) with a powerful flashlight or actual flounder light to illuminate the bottom. That entire shoreline stays pretty shallow for a long ways and there are a lot of creeks that cut in you can follow. Don't get discouraged if you don't see fish right away. Many times I've walked a couple miles without seeing a flounder only to pick up several in a very short period on the way back.

Can also kayak straight out to the reefs and islands and often times they will hold fish.

Comment

Great Video! Sure wish we had that clear water up here on the upper coast.

Comment

awesome, i've been gigging since i was around 14 years old, never gets old! i went about 2 months ago...

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                  Any time you're in Galveston, you can go park out by the end of 8-mile road and just wade in heading East (shoreline to the right) with a powerful flashlight or actual flounder light to illuminate the bottom. That entire shoreline stays pretty shallow for a long ways and there are a lot of creeks that cut in you can follow. Don't get discouraged if you don't see fish right away. Many times I've walked a couple miles without seeing a flounder only to pick up several in a very short period on the way back.

Can also kayak straight out to the reefs and islands and often times they will hold fish.
                  Great info. Thanks.
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    This is on my must do list!!
                    I'm anxious to go back. My wife and Courtney really had a blast, too!
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

I looked him up and that looks like a blast. I think I'm going to book him and take the boy down for some of that action.

Comment

Water looks great....solid sir.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                          Water looks great....solid sir.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          The water was glass early morning. Very unusual.
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Clearing my throat and raising my hand. Let's put this on a yak excursion!

Comment

Looks awesome.
                              My dad and I have recently started going together and it’s a blast. I put together a little video but it isn’t nearly as entertaining as this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                                Clearing my throat and raising my hand. Let's put this on a yak excursion!
                                Let's do it!

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                                Looks awesome.
                                My dad and I have recently started going together and it’s a blast. I put together a little video but it isn’t nearly as entertaining as this.
                                Let's see it!
                                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X