No announcement yet.

Flounder Gigging on Texas Gulf Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoyed it. Lots of people don't even know Texas water can look that good! Thanks for posting. "get the tourniquet"

Comment

Save me some backstraps!

Comment

Good times. First time I went gigging I was mad it took me so long to try it. Hunting and fishing at the same time, how could it get any better?

Comment

Love me some gigging, I’ve got 5 gigs and three lights that stay ready

Comment

On my Bucket list. Have not done that in 40 years.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
              Enjoyed it. Lots of people don't even know Texas water can look that good! Thanks for posting. "get the tourniquet"
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

I remember growing up down here & just hammering the flounder drifting the intercostal with dad bouncing softs off the edge...it was almost easy & now??

Man, what a tremendous meat haul & would be signing back up too!! My favorite bay table fish.

Comment

Used to be an annual ritual for me but I haven't been since they changed the rules.

Comment

My boys would love to do this! I may have to book a trip next year. Any input on who to book, when to book and what to expect/plan for?

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                      My boys would love to do this! I may have to book a trip next year. Any input on who to book, when to book and what to expect/plan for?

Jason
                      Read my post above. You’ll need to book ahead of time as he fills up but he’s the best in the business.

He will work until he finds the fish, and he almost never falls short of a limit.

Comment

I love flounder, crusted and deep fryed!

Comment

Looks like a good time on the Texas Gulf Coast! Gig'em!!!

Comment

Good catch and good eating too.

Comment

Originally posted by hunterdan View Post
                              looks like a good time on the texas gulf coast! Gig'em!!!
                              whoop!
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post

Jason
                                We were fortunate to go with friends, so I can't recommend a guide service. Sounds like BBS has a solid option. I'm not well versed in flounder migration, but I think October is probably the best month to go. Gigging isn't permitted in November and the limit is 2 from December 1-14.

Any experts have more input?
                                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X