Flounder Gigging on Texas Gulf Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flounder Gigging on Texas Gulf Coast

My wife and daughter (Courtney) went on a flounder gigging trip with some friends last month. It's been about 40 years since I've been...we used kerosene lanterns! We had a blast! We stopped at 22 fish in about 30 minutes. We could have easily limited for 6 people.

I didn't shoot as much video as I should have, but I did piece together some footage for a short YT video.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXPbsiGeLzQ"]Flounder Gigging on Texas Gulf Coast! - YouTube[/ame]

My Flickr Photos

That's great.....Congrats on the catch!!!

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

Congrats. Don't thumb those flatfish.

Comment

Love gigging flounders !

Comment

That’s a blast and boy do they eat good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

...one of my favorite past time memories of the coast!! I still have my lanterns and gig, but they've been dormant for probably 30+ years... Still a great video bossman and congratulations to you n the girls!! PLUS some of the best eatin' that comes out of the Gulf!!

Comment

nice congrats to all

Comment

I'm videoing here...haha

Comment

Originally posted by SHOOTNSTR8 View Post
                    Congrats. Don't thumb those flatfish.
                    LOL! My wife definitely learned that the hard way! Her reaction was the most entertaining part of the video.
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      ...one of my favorite past time memories of the coast!! I still have my lanterns and gig, but they've been dormant for probably 30+ years... Still a great video bossman and congratulations to you n the girls!! PLUS some of the best eatin' that comes out of the Gulf!!
                      No doubt on the good eatin! I definitely want to make gigging a more frequent occurrence.
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Awesome video, congrats

Comment

Well, you could make a yak/gig combo video! I've thought about that for years... especially at POC where the water can get gin clear and the grass is thick... rays hide very well in the grass n knee shin deep water is plenty for the yak.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Well, you could make a yak/gig combo video! I've thought about that for years... especially at POC where the water can get gin clear and the grass is thick... rays hide very well in the grass n knee shin deep water is plenty for the yak.
                            That's a great idea!
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

I used to gig from my kayak all the time before I got married.

There's a guide service "night stalker guide service" out of Rockport that's pretty awesome. If I want to gig, I use him these days. Apart from the flounder, you see all kinds of cool things. Pigs, gators, sharks, everything comes out at night and he'll cover a lot of ground. Pretty reasonable - like $400/night for 2 people.

DO NOT just google "night stalker" though. Make sure you add "flounder guide" to it...

Comment

Working...
                              X