Boot Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
    yep, I learned it the hard way, started using thinner dry wool socks and my feet started staying warm
    Same here. Used to wear 2 pair of socks, feet always got cold. I didn't believe at first but when I wised up, went to boots not over 400 insulation and 1 pair thin to-the-knee socks that contained NO COTTON but rather a mixture of synthetic material and a little wool. Feet have never been cold since.

Comment

Yeah crazy how that works, it’s all science basically, you put yourself in a very small compact room with no insulation you’re going to sweat with any layers on , even if it’s 10’degrees outside, once I saw the issue and fixed it I never worry about the feet anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

great test that was done with Bear Grylles on how keeping the core warm helps with hands and feet, good thing to google.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
          Danner. Only boots you will ever need.

What I have and been happy with hunting in Alberta.
          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
            Schnees and Kennetek pac boots are second to none, but pretty much over kill south of the panhandle. Riding feedlot pens in Jan they are the only thing that works but the get toasty hiking. The bottoms are rebuildable. They do flex a lot but not as much as say Sorel’s do

Absolutely but the guide series is uninsulated which I prefer as I have good merino socks. They work well throughout TX.

Comment

I have a pair of Wolverines I got at Academy on sale $89.95. Granted I am not climbing the Rocky Mountains or in really cold temps, they keep my feet warm, comfortable. Kind of clunky but so am I LOL. Best $89.95 I ever spent.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                Absolutely but the guide series is uninsulated which I prefer as I have good merino socks. They work well throughout TX.

This is why I ask, very versatile. I was in the hills of southern ohio at 18 degrees and would have liked something else. Elk hunt in the future and being able to wear thin socks if its not to cold is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
                  This is why I ask, very versatile. I was in the hills of southern ohio at 18 degrees and would have liked something else. Elk hunt in the future and being able to wear thin socks if its not to cold is nice.
                  What month are you wanting to hunt elk?

Comment

Me personally, I would go with the guide series uninsulated and invest in quality merino wool socks such as Smartwool plus a wicking liner.

Comment

Kennatrex!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                        What month are you wanting to hunt elk?
                        october next year

Comment

Lacrosse Alpha Burly.
                          I have bought a lot of boots and have destoyed many a boot on a cactus kick in the dark. These boots hold up on the Texas coliche as well as the NY winters.
                          They get my money.

Comment

Irish setter elk tracker 600gram was my choice. $239+tax lace up so far 28 degrees and feet was warm after 4 hour sit I could move my toes and only fill a slight difference in temp. Walking around feet stay warm completely

Comment

october next year
                              I just don’t think you will be happy hiking in the mountains in a pack boot. Not near the same support and they don’t breath as well as all Leather boot or even Waterproof lined boot.

Comment

Working...
                              X