DSLR Gimbal’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSLR Gimbal’s

Does anyone have experience with the current line of gimbals? Being asked to do more and more video stuff, and have decided to add one to the arsenal. I’ve never used one, so ease of use/learning is somewhat important. So far I’m seeing the DJI Ronin-S and the Zhiyun Crane 3 are the front runners. Anyone have any input?

I bought a Ronin S and returned it, as I didn't think I would get much use out of it.

In the short time I had it, it was pretty fun to play around with. Setup was fairly simple. The one thing I didn't like was, you have to make four (I think) adjustments to get your DSLR balanced properly, but to fit it back in the carrying case, you have to reset everything back to it's original position. So, every time you take it out of the case, you're starting from scratch as far as balancing goes.

I replaced it with the Osmo Pocket, just for making fun family videos and whatnot.

Comment

Thanks for the info. The repeated adjustments shouldn’t be an issue as I’m usually shooting in one location per day, but I’ll keep that in mind.

Did you buy the original or the “essentials” model (cheaper, plastic body)

Comment

I had the original - I don't think the other option was available at the time.

Comment

Depends on size of camera youre running on one.
          I recently bought the Crane 2 and returned it, it wouldn't hold my a7iii with the 24-105 lens on it.
          I bought the Crane 3 and getting great results!
          A coworker has the Crane 2 and also loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcanman View Post
            Depends on size of camera youre running on one.
            I recently bought the Crane 2 and returned it, it wouldn't hold my a7iii with the 24-105 lens on it.
            I bought the Crane 3 and getting great results!
            A coworker has the Crane 2 and also loving it.
            Im running an 80D right now with plans to pickup a 5D soon, so whichever brand I go with, I'll be getting the largest/most heavy duty model that they offer.

Comment

Working...
            X