Pool maintenance costs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pool maintenance costs?

What is the monthly or weekly cost of having a pool person check/maintain chemical levels ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have ours done 1 time per week. Includes cleaning, descaling, and chemical balance. We pay $175/month. Anything major is extra (i.e. filter cleaning, etc.)

Comment

The wife doesn't pay me squat.

Comment

I got tired of paying for half *** work. It is easy enough to do yourself.

Comment

Just getting some info to see if it’s worth paying someone to do it

Comment

I do it myself and have no problems. Use liquid chlorine and your job will be easier.

Comment

I pay $72 a month just for chemicals. They come every week and I don’t have to store chlorine and acid at my house. I do all the day to day cleaning, filters, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                I got tired of paying for half *** work. It is easy enough to do yourself.
                This. Seems I spend about $300 a year on chemicals. Empty skimmers every couple days. Every couple years replace filters when I can't simply spray them clean anymore. I get in it every day in the summer and brush the edges while I'm in there so it's no work really. Have a polaris pool sweep so it stays clean. When we go on vacation my father in law will come over and use pool and add chems when needed.

Comment

We just got our put in and it’s great we love the hot tub, kids love the pool. Has an ozone generator and I was given a pool school on how to maintain it but I’m kinda forgetful may have to look up a YouTube video to refresh my memory

Comment

The guy that does my pool doesnt get paid SH!*.......guess I need to ask the wife for a raise.

Comment

yea I would DIY, I did it for my parents pool when growing up

Comment

We tried 2 different companies but we were still going behind them and having to clean and add chemicals so we now do it ourselves. This website will help you allot https://www.troublefreepool.com/blog/ It all depends on where you live and what kind of pool you have as to how much you spend on chemicals. I have a chlorine pool and just bought 50# of chlorine tabs for $112 but that will last over a year and I live close to the bay so I have to deal with salty air. Just a guess we may spend about $500 a year in chemicals at the most. As for cleaning pretty simple with a robot vac and sand filter.

Comment

That website that has a bunch of good stuff, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Axe Man View Post
                            I do it myself and have no problems. Use liquid chlorine and your job will be easier.
                            I do not recommend liquid chlorine. Ir has a high ph and messes
                            up your PH in pool when you use it.

We recommend people try it themselves first.

Comment

I pay $162 per month in summer, Includes cleaning, backwashing, etc.. I just enjoy.. Once I put the cover on in the fall, it goes to $80 per month. I could hardly by chemicals at that price...and he is the owner and only one that comes out. I don't have to worry about a new guy every week.

Comment

Working...
                              X