Broad heads for a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broad heads for a newbie

My nephew is just getting into it. What’s a good broad head for Whitetails? Thanks in advance.

depends on what his setup is. Slower bows or low poundage like 40-50 LBS draw, a good cut on contact like Magnus Stinger is a good choice. If hes a little older and shooting 60+ LBS just about any head will work.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
      depends on what his setup is. Slower bows or low poundage like 40-50 LBS draw, a good cut on contact like Magnus Stinger is a good choice. If hes a little older and shooting 60+ LBS just about any head will work.
      I second that on the Magnus heads. My wife and I both shoot them with very different draw weights and lengths with excellent results. Great heads. Good luck and happy hunting.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hundreds of choices. However, the must be razor sharp and you can get them to to fly well.

Comment

This is the proverbial "Can of Worms" question. Good luck.

There are oodles and gobs of great BH's out there. I have shot many different ones and I like, but not exclusively, Slick Trick's (standard or magnums). Part of the key is tuning your bow to shoot them accurately. It is not hard to do and there is lots of information on here and archerytalk.com. Google it you won't be disappointed.

Comment

everyone will have their opinions.. some don't like expandable broad heads some will.. ive personally had great luck with rage... some guys don't like them..

Comment

Depending on the setup...
              if light go with Magnus, either the Buzzcut or the black hornet and rage +p
              If 60 or so lbs then Magnus and regular rages

Comment

Personally - muzzy 4 blade
                And magnus stingers.

Comment

Thanks guys. I went with the Magnus Stingers.

Comment

If it's a light poundage bow, go with fixed broadheads, but avoid those with serrated edges, as they don't cut or penetrate as well.

Comment

For whitetails you can use just about anything, shot placement is the biggest variable. You can get the rage hypos really cheap. Also the NAP Spitfire Double-cross are available even at Walmart but fly straight and create nice wound channels that will even make some not-so-good shots lethal. Plus with the SF Double-cross there is no retaining rings and such to mess with.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                        Thanks guys. I went with the Magnus Stingers.
                        He will not be disappointed. Great Broadheads.

Comment

I’ll echo again the magnus stinger

Comment

Originally posted by taylormade820 View Post
                            everyone will have their opinions.. some don't like expandable broad heads some will.. ive personally had great luck with rage... some guys don't like them..
                            Rage for mechanicals. Slick Trick for fixed.

Comment

Magnus for the Win

Originally posted by 78littlered View Post
                              i second that on the magnus heads. My wife and i both shoot them with very different draw weights and lengths with excellent results. Great heads. Good luck and happy hunting.

Sent from my sm-n950u using tapatalk
                              Originally posted by oktx View Post
                              hundreds of choices. However, the must be razor sharp and you can get them to to fly well.
                              Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                              depending on the setup...
                              If light go with magnus, either the buzzcut or the black hornet and rage +p
                              if 60 or so lbs then magnus and regular rages
                              kiss

Comment

Working...
                              X