No announcement yet.

Getting rid of fleas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just did these 2 to get rid of them at my house recently.

Mix together and spray in yard and house. Will work. Takes a few days but pretty much a guaranteed solution.

Have to use both though. The Permethrin kills adult fleas only and a ton of other insects, it will not kill young fleas, and the IGR prevents flea growth and future eggs.

Comment

Go to tractor supply and get some demon spray it in the house around the house and in the yard

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

We had them bad once at the first house my wife and I owned. I called a local exterminator and bought about $200 worth of DIY products. It had everything from sprays, to granular, to bombs. We applied both inside and outside of the house It worked like a champ and we never had another problem.

My recommendation would be to call an exterminator and get their advice, if not just use them.

Comment

Contains: Tekko Pro IGR-16 oz-Outdoors-Insect Growth Regulator (IGR)- Breaks the life cycle of the flea. Combine with Bifen IT Bifen IT-Qt-Outdoors, will kill the adult fleas. Combine with Tekko Pro IGR for the first two sprayings.

Bifen is great. works on a lot of other pests too.

Comment

Ive tried everything in the book to get rid of them in the yard, with nothing lasting very long. The only thing that works is keeping them off the dog with flea prescription medication. I give my dogs Nextguard and it works. Pricy but works.

Comment

Permethrin or Bifen.

Comment

Sorresto flea collar for the dog. They are expensive, but last 8 months. Then I’d treat the yard with DE, and any other of the sprays/poisons listed above. If you treat the hosts (dog) and then the yard and yard again (wait a week or so) after the first time they should be gone.

Jason Slocum

Comment

I use an additive called methoprene. It's a product that stops development at the larval stage It must be applied every seven days to stop the flea cycle. You mix it with water and Permethrine. Apply it to bedding the soil, carpet in the house, and dog. It works on all insects. That's the downfall of it.

It's mostly an additive to your insecticides. It works for a sort time. You can buy it by itself and add to your normal dog shampoo and spray.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lovetohunt View Post
                    Do the nematodes, one application worked for 3-4 years for us.
                    Same for us , also helped with ants.

Comment

Permethrin outside, bengal bug bombs inside, prescription flea meds for dog.

Comment

Get a sheep

Comment

Bifen

Comment

we used to put bowls of water on the floor.
                            they would jump in and die.

probably not a good solution of you have a ton of em,
                            but it's easy and won't hurt anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Conquest View Post
                              we used to put bowls of water on the floor.
                              they would jump in and die.

probably not a good solution of you have a ton of em,
                              but it's easy and won't hurt anything.
                              It works better if you put a lit candle in the bowl and turn out the lights.

My Dad told me that when he was a kid in the 1930's they would light small fires around the yard and open all the doors and windows of the house...at night of course. The fleas would be attracted to the light and jump in the fire.

When my dogs kennel became overrun with fleas, I tried it with a small fire in a metal pan in the kennel. Did it a few nights in a row and it seemed to work.

Another vote for Bravecto. My dog gets it every 6 months and I rarely see any fleas now.

Comment

Permethrin, permethrin, permethrin...

Mow the yard short and spray a good strong concentration on the entire yard, if they are in the house spray all the floors especially carpet, you can even spray directly on the dogs. Sawyer claims 6 weeks of protection when applied directly to the dog, and you will get several weeks more on carpet and hard surfaces. 1-2 weeks effectiveness outside on the grass.

CAUTION!!!!!!!!!!!
                                DO NOT LET A CAT CONTACT THE PERMETHRIN BEFORE IT DRIES FULLY... their nervous system is different than ours (I think it’s because they are aliens, lol) and it will kill them. Once it is dried, no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X