Thinking of Moving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
    Rent a cabin for a month in the Galveston area, do the same in Port A, and then in Padre. You have the time, and you can get a feel for the people in those areas, as well as cost of living.
    Great idea!

Comment

Best of luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by BDann View Post
        Where in Kansas are you from?
        Parsons, Ks

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
          Rent a cabin for a month in the Galveston area, do the same in Port A, and then in Padre. You have the time, and you can get a feel for the people in those areas, as well as cost of living.
          Thank you, I'll do just that.

Comment

Guys, thanks for the responses.
            I'll get off my butt and head SW soon.

Comment

Port lavaca

Comment

Originally posted by k-town View Post
                Port lavaca
                Funny you mention that, I love close and some locals call it Port LaCaca! Haha

I really enjoy the area. Fish and hunt 2-3 times a week. Small town atmosphere. Low cost of living. Victoria has most anything needed you can’t find here.
                2 hours from Houston, San Antonio, Corpus.

Port O’Connor won’t be spreading past the Sanctuary. Large property owners between their and seadrift with no intentions of subdividing. Powderhorn Ranch owned by TPWD and Yeti on the opposite side of highway. Seadrift does have some properties for sale that may become subdivisions or get subdivided.

Comment

Look at Port Mansfield. Nice little fishing village. Rivera or Kingsville is another option.

Buy a boat and enjoy the bays. Fish are easy to catch as well

Comment

Check out Palacios. You will thank me later. I am 65 and have lived there 3 different times since 1979.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Deerplanter- if you are looking Seadrift I suggest buy now- POC is moving down the highway. It is getting busy in Seadrift- ramp has been full a lot lately
                      I would love to transfer to our plant down there but my wife won't leave the 6 grandkids that live within 10 miles from us.

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                        I like our area here in Victoria. Easy drive to New Braunfels and 30 minutes your in the salt at Seadrift or Port o Connor. Big enough to have pretty much anything youd need but not have to live in a big city
                        I live in Rockport now and have for a long time. Hoping to retire to the Victoria area for all those reasons, and good medical community.

Comment

Your buddy has it right. I love Rockport.
                          Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                          Buddy of mine retired, bought himself a 35’ RV , and a new F250 to pull it. Lives in Rockport and is happy as a clam.

Comment

Just some FYI. not sure how much stuff you have, but the wife and I are hopefully in the last week of moving from Lubbock to Rogers. NEVER again will I do a move between me and her. After 47 years together we have too much stuff! Pay someone to move you and hope you find your place and are happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                              Check out Palacios. You will thank me later. I am 65 and have lived there 3 different times since 1979.
                              More info on Palacios please.

To the OP, best of luck finding the perfect place for you. Please keep us posted as to your journey. I will be looking for a place soon.

Comment

Someone above mentioned Port Mansfield. AWESOME place. Small town with some awesome fishing. I could move down that way in a heart beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X