Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
    My QAD drop away has full containment
    Mine does too...however...stalking through the thickets at Granger my arrows get ripped out and off the rest super easy. I used a WB before my current rig setup and it wasnt as much of a problem.

If I hunted from a tree saddle or some other exposed and elevated position which mandates various shooting angles and pitches...Id likely use the WB exclusively. The full containment of a QAD doesnt hold the shaft still and the shafts can bounce around.

Good luck Big Lee.

Comment

I shot a WB for years and still have one on my back up. It’s fail proof and has never once cause an issue. As far as speed 2-3.... that translates into.... you can’t shoot the difference ( takes 15 to see pin difference usually)

HOWEVER...here is the advantage that made me stay with drop away (and I stalk south Texas no problem). If I don’t shoot regularly I will get flyers with broadheads. That ain’t the rest fault it’s mine. I can shoot and work it out in a day with no adjustment.... BUT during season I’m guilty of not shooting as much. The drop away WILL clean up a SLIGHTLY torqued shot. I get better/easier broadhead flight is why I stayed. But I’d have no problem shooting a WB again. It a proven awesome rest!

Comment

i am in the WB camp due to only using a WB. me also being very new to archery i do not have very much knowledge regarding tuning and everything like that. i feel like once i get more comfortable doing my own tuning and everything i will probably switch.

I have had my WB for about 3 years now and have noticed the hole that the arrow rests in has started to expand. i havent noticed a differnece accuracy wise but assume that will eventually happen as the whiskers get worn down.

Comment

QAD is the best I’ve used or seen

Comment

I currently have a Fuse Drop Away Rest on sale- ck out " Jumbo Archery Stuff Sale" in the Equipment Forum. Tks

Comment

I love the nails on a chalk board sound of drawing a WB!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                I love the nails on a chalk board sound of drawing a WB!
                You do need to shoot smooth finish arrows so this won’t happen such as the black Beman ICS Hunter or the black Easton Axis among some others. One thing I’ve noticed is people either love or hate WBs but I have had several drop away shooters over the years come and ask to borrow my spare WB (I keep one ready for them)during a hunt due to their drop away malfunction.😳😂

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbefCoY71Os"]Pigman Proves the Whisker Biscuit's Accuracy at 100 Yards...again! - YouTube[/ame]

I tried a LimbDriver Pro V. Hated it. Didn't like the string going through brush, and felt the arrow was a little unstable on the rest. WB is simple, and works.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                    WB. It can’t fail.
                    WRONG!!!!
                    Once the bristles wear down it throws your arrow off, then all you do is replace the bristles..

I shot a AN, then I went to a limb driven rest,then went to a QAD, I like the QAD better,because the launcher arm stays up and locked till shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning48 View Post
                      WRONG!!!!
                      Once the bristles wear down it throws your arrow off, then all you do is replace the bristles..

I shot a AN, then I went to a limb driven rest,then went to a QAD, I like the QAD better,because the launcher arm stays up and locked till shot.
                      I didn’t say wear out now did I?

Comment

I shot a whisker biscuit for years. When I started shooting a hard helical with blazer vanes I noticed it was wearing the bristles out at a very fast rate. Last year was my first year with a drop away and I won’t be going back to the biscuit. I started with a nap Apache drop away and really liked it. Then upgraded this year to a qad Ld. My accuracy has improved slightly and it seems to have helped me shoot broadheads more accurately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                          I know this is beating a dead horse. But.... Which do you prefer? Pros Cons? While at the archery shop today, owner asked why I continue using a WB. I'm of the mindset if it works and not broke don't fix it. However I would like to know how many have switched and gone back. Etc. This was coupled in the conversation of possibly purchasing a new Bow. I asked if he had the one I was shooting setup with a WB so I could shoot it. He said well most folks have gone away from those. But I can help you out.
                          Several years ago I went away from the WB to use drop away. Did not like the drop away at all, went back to the WB and haven't looked back. You lose no speed, ok, if 2fps is a thing, then yeah.

Im with you brother, if it aint broke, no need to fix it. The thing I like the best is its stability, no matter the angle.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                            From what I've gathered on this thread alone, the difference between drop away and WB users, is that the drop away users have tried BOTH.
                            I have tried both, WB fan here.

Comment

If I was shooting a slight offset vane and a smooth finished arrow, I would consider going back to the wb. They are fool proof no doubt. I always seemed to have some noise with my choice of arrow. Gold tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess my ears are worn out and I have not noticed any noise from my WB. Not saying there isn't any. I appreciate all the info shared!

Comment

Working...
                                X