Possible ruptured disk or maybe hernia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My leg started hurting today and it gradually went to my side and down into one of the boys. I went home to take a pain pill and almost passed out from the pain. Drove myself to the ER and spent several hours there and I'm not better off now than I was before. It feels like someone is squeezing one of the boys as tight as they can. That's the pain that I'm having the most trouble with right now. They sent me home with Ibuprofen and prescribed muscle relaxers to me which I'll get tomorrow.

Guys what could be going on with me? I can handle a lot but I'm telling you now this pain is unbearable. What's causing this and what can I do to fix it? I have another doctors appointment next Wednesday but I don't see how I'm gonna make it until then without some kind of relief. I want this to stop. I can't be missing work until then on top of everything else.

I don't know what I'm gonna do. This is crazy painful. I've broken bones,been snake bit,passed a kidney stone.....this is a whole new kind of pain. This is on a whole different level.

The good news is the pain in my lower back and side and leg is barely noticeable.

Comment

No advice for you, hope things return to normal soon.

Comment

Doesn’t sound like a ruptured disc at all, I’ve had a couple and suffering from another one now.

Go to a different ER and get another opinion.

Comment

Shoot man I ain't gonna ask for everything to be normal again. I'm fine with hurting anywhere other than where I'm hurting. A hurt leg or back I can deal with no problem.

Comment

I dated a girl once upon a time that gave me a similar feeling. She was such a tease.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
              I dated a girl once upon a time that gave me a similar feeling. She was such a tease.
              If she made you feel like this you should have shot her. Because this feeling is ridiculous.

Comment

If it moved, think it could be a small clot that got stuck?

I would think a ruptured or herniated disc would cause pressure on the sciatic nerve, causing severe pain that radiates down one or both legs.. I've got sciatica now, and my back/legs hurts all the time, but never had it travel to the boys.

Sounds serious man.. go get another opinion..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                Last edited by hully1029; 05-02-2019, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                  If it moved, think it could be a small clot that got stuck?

I would think a ruptured or herniated disc would cause pressure on the sciatic nerve, causing severe pain that radiates down one or both legs.. I've got sciatica now, and my back/legs hurts all the time, but never had it travel to the boys.

Sounds serious man.. go get another opinion..

I really don't know. They did a blood test,urine test and a ct scan and mmr I think is what it's called. Either way they determined I have a bad back and they want me to come back on Wednesday to check for a hernia.

Comment

Sounds like a blood clot to me.
                    Possible deep vein thrombosis....?
                    My uncle had one coming home from a dove hunting trip last yr. I took video of it, cuz he was trippin.
                    Come to find out he almost died. His boy on his left side was killing him, as well as his leg.
                    My dad was slapping him on the leg that was hurting, cuz we thought it was a cramp. Doc said my dad could have killed him, by slapping on his leg. Could have possibly knocked the clot loose.
                    Screenshot from the video below.
                    Turned out to be a serious situation, even though we were laughing our azz off at the time.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      Sounds like a blood clot to me.
                      Possible deep vein thrombosis....?
                      My uncle had one coming home from a dove hunting trip last yr. I took video of it, cuz he was trippin.
                      Come to find out he almost died. His boy on his left side was killing him, as well as his leg.
                      My dad was slapping him on the leg that was hurting, cuz we thought it was a cramp. Doc said my dad could have killed him, by slapping on his leg. Could have possibly knocked the clot loose.
                      Screenshot from the video below.
                      Turned out to be a serious situation, even though we were laughing our azz off at the time.
                      Oh man. I hope that ain't what this is. If it is it could be game over for this guy. The doctors here suck.

Comment

Need to have a dye scan done asap

Comment

I just can't think what would have caused a blood clot to form. I'm 29 years old and active. Haven't had any problems with those before or any injuries lately so I really don't have any idea.

Comment

I'm 31 and active.. I've got moderately high blood pressure, sciatica, gout, and sinusitis.. one of my best friends suffered a heart attack at 24.. and you would've thought he could've won a triathlon..

Comment

What I do know is if it was a blood clot and I waited to go to the doctor's appointment I have next Wednesday I'd be done for before then possibly. If that's what it is and it breaks loose I'm a dead sumbuck.

Comment

Working...
                              X