Axis to the East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axis to the East?

How far to the east has anybody seen an abundance of axis? What towns or counties? Have they made it east of San Antonio? Using interstate 10 as kind of a reference.

If austin is 'east' of San Antone, I've seen them in gtown.
    Other exotics were seen around yoakum.

Comment

New Ulm area around the Falls Golf Course north of Columbus has a good population of free range axis.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Any where else?

Comment

Driftwood has a herd I see frequently

Comment

Salado

Comment

Asia

Comment

I'm assuming you mean not behind an high fence ranch? I could swear I saw an Axis doe up on the northwest side of the Sam Houston National Forest closer to Richards. I don't think it was a megafawn.

Comment

Originally posted by CURTIS250 View Post
                  How far to the east has anybody seen an abundance of axis? What towns or counties? Have they made it east of San Antonio? Using interstate 10 as kind of a reference.
                  Stupid question, but I-10 runs east to west. By asking if they are on East of SA, are you talking about EAST of I-35?

Comment

Exotics would be all over the state, but in east texas, if one walked out to under a feeder, you know they'll get popped. So I don't think east texas will ever have a good sized population of exotics. In rocksprings, we pass up axis deer and fallow all year round unless it's a beast. On low fence property.

Comment

There is a guy on my lease that has multiple trail cam pics of 3 axis in Newton county about 20 miles or so from the Sabine.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                        Stupid question, but I-10 runs east to west. By asking if they are on East of SA, are you talking about EAST of I-35?
                        I want to hunt some where not to far from me. I live east of Houston and would like to find a relatively close place to take the family to hunt. I'm just curious to see how close to Houston they have come.

Bow_nut 81....."Asia" that is hilarious! I guess I had that one comming. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                          I'm assuming you mean not behind an high fence ranch? I could swear I saw an Axis doe up on the northwest side of the Sam Houston National Forest closer to Richards. I don't think it was a megafawn.
                          If this proves to be true, it will be awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by CURTIS250 View Post
                            Bow_nut 81....."Asia" that is hilarious! I guess I had that one comming. :-)
                            Asia is right outside Corrigan.

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunky View Post
                              Asia is right outside Corrigan.
                              Oh, I didn't realize there was an Asia, Texas.
                              I was thinking they originated from Asia but they are from India. I've lost my mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X