2019-2020 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
    After another slow hunt stuff got real real quick. Heard a snort wheeze and looked to my left to see a heavy 8 with ears pinned back walking towards my feeder. A buck that had been back in the brush came out to meet the challenge but changed his mind and ran. 10 seconds later this guy came in fast and I ended my season. Shoulder shot, dropped him.

Broken up a bit, but great buck for my place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congrats! Very nice buck

Comment

What a way to end your season with a nice buck. Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats! Nice buck!

Comment

Great buck! Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations on that stud buck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

We had a good weekend with a couple bucks and a doe.

Comment

This is a 3 year old we named 2021 stud last year when he was a 2 year old 9 point. Hopefully no one shoots him since he still has a lot of growing left to do.

Comment

Came back from the ranch yesterday after 4 days & it is still SLOOOW!! Acorns covering ground & still plenty in trees. When we got there Tuesday night it sounded like hail on the carport. Tried hand corning & corn still on ground when we left. Did see a little rutting activity, but nothing good.

Comment

It was fairly slow. Have quite a bit of work to do at the ranch so gonna shift gears to that until the hunting improves

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                      We had a good weekend with a couple bucks and a doe.

Y'all had a great weekend. Nice bucks. Congratulations!

Comment

I'm in the blind now in Spicewood (Burnet Co). Zero expectations. I've hunted 2-3 times a week since the opener. Have had ZERO bow shot opportunities. Switched to rifle blinds. Might as well be comfy while getting skunked. And that's exactly what is happening. Haven't seen one deer from the stand in the last two weeks. Typical sit in a normal year I'd see 4-10 deer every time. Hanging in there. Beats being at the office.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                          I'm in the blind now in Spicewood (Burnet Co). Zero expectations. I've hunted 2-3 times a week since the opener. Have had ZERO bow shot opportunities. Switched to rifle blinds. Might as well be comfy while getting skunked. And that's exactly what is happening. Haven't seen one deer from the stand in the last two weeks. Typical sit in a normal year I'd see 4-10 deer every time. Hanging in there. Beats being at the office.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                          Good Luck Tex...hang in there.

Great deer guys. Congrats all around.

Comment

Dad and I are hunting near Llano/San Saba line. Lots of movement yesterday evening. Deer eating corn but not staying to long. Few small bucks. This morning just small bucks cruising around and a couple of does. Here till Thursday.

Comment

Kiddo got it done in Harper at a little place we hunted over the holidays. Full write up on here.

Attached Files
                              Last edited by Kurdawg; 12-02-2019, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                                Acorns are gone. Young deer hitting corn. Have not seen a mature anything in 5 days. Thinking about moving a camera To the orchard...........
                                They are now in the pecan orchard all night. 12K pounds of pecans on the ground - it's about time.
                                Both neighbors have harvested. My buddy will get bagged up next week.
                                Dec 20th could be the start of going back to a daylight cycle. We will see.....

Comment

Working...
                                X