No announcement yet.

Plant Explosion at TCP Port Neches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Came here looking for news on this. Thank God no one died, I would have never believed that

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
      Prayers for all.
      Is the fire contained?
      Yes, it is. I drive by an hour ago and it was very small in comparison to what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Prayers continue for the employees and Emergency responders. Wow, that was a bad one from the looks of it. And those spheres there are bombs within themselves. After 36 years in his industry I am glad to be retired now.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
          My cousin was working at Huntsman when this blew, and he said when it happened he thought he was dead. Glad it wasn’t nearly as serious as it could’ve been.
          Who's your cousin ? I work at Huntsman..

If theres a good time for it to happen it's at night.. fewer contractors and usually everyone is in the control rooms.. had it happened on days someone would have liked been killed..
          Last edited by jds247; 11-27-2019, 07:21 AM.

Comment

The blast woke me up in Orangefield. It rattled our doors and windows pretty good. Glad for no fatalities and prayers for everyone involved.

Comment

CRAZY! Thank God no one killed.

We are staying in Port Neches since our house flooded not but maybe 1.5 miles away. I moved wife and kid north to my moms. I'm hoping they dont shut down my way back to house, our clothes guns etc are there and we are supposed to leave town today.
              Last edited by Kurdawg; 11-27-2019, 08:05 AM.

Comment

I’ve worked in chemical plants for 24 years and it’s incredible the amount of energy we control. All it takes is a few things to go wrong to have this kind of thing happen. We routinely work with 2000psi explosive gas and steam. These things can injure or kill you in an instant with absolutely zero notice. It’s easy to become complacent around them since typically everything runs smoothly. During the 2015 oil strike, I worked in a rescue team at TPC and Air Liquide there in Nederland and Port Neches. Prayers sent for everyone involved. Something most don’t really think about, but if you don’t absolutely have to be in the area, leave. While it’s burning, nothing good is going up in that smoke. There’s a good chance nothing at all will effect your respiratory system, but why take the chance.

Comment

No words. Glad to hear everyone is accounted for and okay. Prayers up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still smoking pretty good...a lot black smoke...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
                      Word is everyone is accounted for, there is a few injuries.
                      Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                      Hearing the same. 2-3 injured. No fatalities.
                      Praise the Lord.
                      That is good to hear

Comment

Rocked the house pretty good and I’m in bridge city around 4 miles across the river from the plant. I’m hearing the worst of the reported injuries is a broken arm. If so someone was definitely watching over those men for sure

Comment

It was loud in Mauriceville! It woke me up, shook the house. My son works at Valero, so you know what I was thinking.

Thank GOD it wasn't worse. All accounted for, 3 injured. One pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            **** these seem to happen more often now.

Anyone reach out to bigthicket and check on him?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            Micro-management at its finest. bean countin, pencil pushers, short cutting.

Not saying that's what happened, but?

Comment

friends parents live about 1/2 mile away...house is severely damaged, took the blast head on

Comment

Wow. Glad everyone's accounted for. Could have easily been worse it seems.

Comment

Working...
                                X