No announcement yet.

2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough day for numbers but the size was great! Had several 2lbrs. Fryer is almost hot!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the big slabs! I had to settle for gumbo tonight.

Comment

Met a buddy at Palestine for a couple hours this afternoon! Numbers were better but size wasn't!

Sure beat sitting at home though!![emoji2]

Comment

Went out a couple of hours this afternoon to see if the crappie had moved on to my winter brush piles. They had not but my buddy Seth Vanover called me and put me on the fish. Found them on standing timber but the bite was low until I bumped up a notch on the jig size. They hammered a little bigger purple hand tied Nekid tackle jig. One of my best days in a while for size with lots of pound and a half a a few two pounders.
          All fish caught on standing timber in 20ish foot of water.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	A93C0978-E674-4C09-AC03-2641652DEFDD.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	24597109

Name:	C0FDDB63-30F8-4D11-A5C1-85F8F856DB76.jpeg
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	24597110

Name:	4F54023F-778C-478C-BD1B-C4448B71F799.jpeg
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	24597111

Name:	A5D577B8-9B61-4CDC-9D52-DBCEAA92E2CB.jpeg
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	24597112

Comment

Nice report Marty.

Comment

We went on a guided trip with Britt Stewart on RC on 10/27. My dad and I had a blast. Caught a limit of BIG fish. Probably caught 65 to keep 50. My first time seeing livescope in person! We fished brush piles at a wide range of depths but most bites were hugging the bottom.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck yeah y'all! We're on CC lake with my buddy Chris Webb! Slabs in trouble!

Comment

Sure beats work!!

Comment

Main lake brush 16-20' did the damage! Bet we rolled over 5-6 piles for every one we fished. 59 degree surface temp is gonna take another dip come next week. Off to the woods then maybe head to LOP weekend after! Haven't been there since January!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                      We went on a guided trip with Britt Stewart on RC on 10/27. My dad and I had a blast. Caught a limit of BIG fish. Probably caught 65 to keep 50. My first time seeing livescope in person! We fished brush piles at a wide range of depths but most bites were hugging the bottom.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                      Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        Sure beats work!!

Well thats just ridiculous. Work is slow ( real slow ) and my guy took off today so I headed to lake Conroe after the kids got on the bus. Wasnt expecting much due to my past crappie history but it was a beautiful morning. Fished the docks a bit without a bite. Went scouting and found a good pile. Dropped a minnow. After a minute or 2 I got a bite. I was relieved I at least got a bite! Then caught one. Then another and another. By the time I had 10 keepers I was literally looking around wondering if somehow I was being punked! I kept thinking " what the heck is going on! ". Bites slowed a bit so looked for another pile. Found a couple of small ones but no bites. Didnt stay long if I didnt get a bite. Found a good one in a cove and dropped a minnow. Started all over again!

I literally dont know what was going on. Did what I always do but somehow it worked this time. Caught 38 total, 24 keepers. Last 3 were on a jig because I used up all 3 dozen minnows!

Comment

Went to Rayburn today caught a couple.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH]979317[/ATTACH]

And 1 perch haha

Comment

Heck yeah! I'm trying to get in deer lease mode and the fish keep biting! Dang!

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                                [ATTACH]979317[/ATTACH]

And 1 perch haha
                                Nice haul

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X