Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chews lightly

Comment

I think I may be a little obsessed in the outcome of this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cracking a beer for this one!

Comment

It seemed like I was spinning my wheels. I couldn’t find where he came and went from, much less his bed... even where I thought I was in February. I had nothing other that I had him on the property and if anyone else did they weren’t saying.

This brush is terrible and slowing me down and trees that are huntable are 1 per 15 acres. So I had a plan! I will make a trail! One that leads to plot from thick bedding.. and by a @&$% tree with an approachable entry.

So the trail was chopped in middle of day, over 2 days. Camera set

Deer love fresh cut trees and fresh dirt.

GOT HIM!
          Attached Files

Comment

OP....finish the story....you are killing us

Comment

At this point I’m frozen ... cause I didn’t really expect it to work lol. The trail is laid... he’s using it to and from... daily... THIS MIGHT HAPPEN!

That was one of the few good daylight pics. Most were 7:45-8:35. Just barely to no light. So I stuck to the plan. Baby steps. Move cameras 10 yards... 10 yards. The tree I picked was going to be the tree no doubt.

We practice shooting but now I had to practice hanging a stand. I do it all the time late season and get good at it. So I practiced more than shooting. Pack in, hang sticks, hang stand hunt. ZERO NOISE. I’ll toot my own horn, im quiet

Game time-

I have no reason to be in there opening morning at best I’ll bump him sine I have pics at 5:30ish daily going back to bed. So that evening with wind blowing hard (thank God) and perfect I put my one shot plan in action. If I waited too long in stand he would be there I had no doubt but would be too dark and now I can’t get past until morning.... or trespass a mile though neighbor and call someone to pick me up (yeah I thought about it. lol... just for a second though)

Plan was park at red x walk red line to tree. White x is camera. Blue was actual bed

From park to tree took me 39 minutes. Slooow. Using every shadow. I get settled in tree and think. I really did it! All he has to do is show up before dark! On way to stand I grabbed sd card and put in my phone. This didn’t expose me or my scent or I wouldn’t have
              Attached Files

Comment

Now I think I have him pegged within a few acres of his bed. I honestly believe he it less than 100 yards from me straight ahead at this that me.

I’m as concealed as you can get. Wind perfect and strong. Keeping me cool honestly and noise hide. A few milk weed drops show I’m golden for wind. A few clouds roll past and a few drops of rain fall. Actually comfortable considering it’s 94 degrees. The got time to kill so I look at pics from the past week

Last 3 evenings 7:30-8:01. It’s now 5:00 and I’m shaking and almost sick. It’s gonna go down! It’s so thick the farthest I can shoot is 19 yards. It’s like 3 hours of watching a 32” tv with white noise. Then something hit me... look at pics again? @&$% looking at approaching angle he’s more west than south.... and it’s hot as &@$% and he’s here by dark.... HES ON MY FENCE LINE AND CLOSE!

I’ve got 2 hours to projected “go time” and all my perfect plan is still intact but changing at hyper speed and my brain is going crazy.....

Comment

Refresh
                  Refresh

Comment

This suspense lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is awesome!

Comment

You need to hurry up. I’m about to explode.

Comment

Shot fired-

I told myself -“at 7:00 I’m gonna sit sideways cause you ain’t shooting left anymore.. your gonna shoot straight under you”

7:00

I ease sideways and prop my right foot on a big limb. I’m 16’ish in a huge white oak
                          At that moment I hear a deer get up... I can tell 100% it’s a deer getting out of a bed. It can’t be 40 yards away! I look what is now forward and at 10 yards... WONDER BRA!

I swallowed hard, at 10 yards from only 16’ he looked like a feed lot steer with cedar trees on his head. He’s locked up. Waits what seemed 3 minutes took 2 steps and stops again. Two steps and stops. Finally hear behind a tiny pine I’m glad I left and I draw the BowTech realm x back and burn a hole In the center of his shoulder.

Now I’ll have y’all know, I’m pretty salty at 6 yards. The slick truck destroyed him! Center of “v” exit arm pit pocket! Before he finished mule kick blood was everywhere! And in 3 strides he was out of site

Thud crash... done! I didn’t see him fall but knew that sound and knew he was toast with that shot. Called the wife and kids whispered the news and then started packing up. Once down the blood was on everything. I walked 29 yards and could see white belly in the thicket. Still too early to risk anything and I’m shaking so bad I couldn’t make a follow up anyway so I eased off and called for help. No way to recover it alone anyway

30 minutes later help arrived and the 2 year pursuit for Wonder Bra had come to an end. My Wood County season lasted 3 hours
                          Attached Files

Comment

This could be one of the best threads ever ! Congrats brother !

Comment

Finally !!!!!!

Comment

Haven’t taped him yet but will be my biggest easily. The fat on him was like nothing I’ve ever seen. Blubber

Google earth shows me 5-6 new feeders and stands around my property. I’m sure many are after him and will think “must be on acorns” come November. Im blessed to have had the opportunity and abilities I’m afforded

Hope y’all enjoyed. Wonder Bra is finally revealed!

Comment

Working...
                                X