Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
    at 48 I would not call myself an old fart ,

I love cars all makes etc.. But there is a point where a new car is not a hot rod its just a new car .

That was my point , By general definition a new car is not a hot rod , nor should it be classified in that way .

Its bought not built . its not 25+ please years old etc .

With that said I dig the CTSV wagons 200 MPH car plenty of power and room to boot . Is it a hot rod HA HA not even close its just one more belly button car that you can buy that goes very fast in stock form . But it is still way cool in my opinion .

I agree to be a “hot rod” for me, it has to be built and older. A new car that is modified isn’t a hot rod to me but I do like them. I like anything fast and loud.

Comment

My C-10

My 1970 C10 that is currently having a turbo kit built/installed
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by keestan31 View Post
        My 1970 C10 that is currently having a turbo kit built/installed
        what kit are you going with

Comment

what kit are you going with
          It is all being built so I guess I shouldn't have called it a "kit". It will be a Precision 7675 turbo, treadstone intercooler, ID 1000 injectors, AEM boost controller, all piping is being fabricatedand the long list of all the other small misc items that go with the turbo. Honestly this is my first go around with a turbo setup so I am learning alot as we go.
          Last edited by keestan31; 01-02-2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

1972 Stingray
            Attached Files

Comment

I've had this thing for 20 years and dumped boatloads of money into it. Recently put it on eBay and the highest it got to was $3500 so no sale. Are these Fox 4 eyes ever going to be collectible?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3678.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	24566639

Comment

Got your time slip?
                I have yet to hit to hit the strip...goal is COTA though.

I hear what you are saying & no, I'm not versed enough on how to get a good 60ft much less getting a high 10 in our crappy weather...there have been slips in the high 10's shown on camaro6 that I'm sure I can locate for ya if doubtful. These were stock cars down to the tires...not even a CAI. The ones I noted were on well prepped tracks & good days. GM has the car as an 11.3 advertisement I think??

I have a tough time consistently keeping the tires hooked up even on a roll.

Comment

Originally posted by CletusBodeen View Post
                  It’s because you’re a slacker

Buy my 86 shortbed for a starter project.
                  I found a 91 square body 4x4 suburban I want.
                  Sure. $1000. I’ll go pick up my trailer at the ranch when you’re ready

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                    Let’s see yours. It may be a Ford but it’s Chevy powered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    It’s faaaar from being done... not worthy of a pic.

2 door boxtop , small block ford nitrous deal

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      Sure. $1000. I’ll go pick up my trailer at the ranch when you’re ready
                      Add $2000 more and it’s all yours

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        I have yet to hit to hit the strip...goal is COTA though.

I hear what you are saying & no, I'm not versed enough on how to get a good 60ft much less getting a high 10 in our crappy weather...there have been slips in the high 10's shown on camaro6 that I'm sure I can locate for ya if doubtful. These were stock cars down to the tires...not even a CAI. The ones I noted were on well prepped tracks & good days. GM has the car as an 11.3 advertisement I think??

I have a tough time consistently keeping the tires hooked up even on a roll.

Yes I am aware I ran against a 18 in the 1/8 and I was all motor and it was a laugh . Track well prepped it just shook the tires on the street I have gone light to light and that is worse . 11.3-.4 is the norm a high 10 I have seen but bolt on car , and tune,.... one that was very quick was on a 100 octane tune with bolt on and it was hauling the mail . I do think it had a bump in boost via pulley. But It was shaggin on down the strip .

Modded subie ate his lunch though Another car to be very aware of with some mild work they leave the light lighting quick and most times very hard to make up the ground .. Even banging on the second kit I could have run him down in the 1/4 but 660 foot was just not enough and I was done .

I have no fear to race anyone as I have been up against cars that are WAY faster but some times it goes in my favor the no prep stuff is super fun ..

Got beat by a ford wagon 5.3 LS car with Ebay S480 clone turbo HA HA I knew it was quick but when the tree dropped and it yanked the tires I knew it was over , and thing ran out the back door with over 25 MPH over me HA HA all in fun . I run in the mid to high 6's inthe 1/8 I really need WAY more gear but I love that fact I can still really drive it 3.73 now for the 1/8 would need 4.10 to 4.30 to make it run hard . For the turbo the 3.73 would work very well as it would load the engine up and make it work .. BOOOOOOOOST loves tall gearing

I have a genIV 5.3 here and enough parts to make the turbo kit work but its 5G for ECM harness new fuel system but to put 1000 + to the tires would be a ton of fun for sure .

I listed my truck for sale want to work on something new . I get bored with the projects once done
                        Last edited by HDWRENCH; 01-02-2019, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Not much of a hot rod, but its a classic. Thinking about putting it up for sale here soon since it doesn't get much use.
                          Attached Files

Comment

1950 Ford Business Coupe Restomod