• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to cure the ammo issue in just a few months

We all want ammo, here is how to get it as quick as possible:

1 Ammo companies need to install ~100% mark up to wholesalers

2 Wholesalers need to install ~20%markup to retailers

3 Retailers need to install ~20% markup to the customers

These numbers are approximate, but the end result needs to be ~$1 a round for FMJ pistol ammo and $4 a round for basic rifle ammo (could possibly need to be even higher). While i know some people will think this is a horrible idea, select ammo would be available if needed, and in a short time the shelves would be full. The best way to stop a run on a product is to price it out of hoarders/scalpers reach. After the shelves start to fill up, the price can come down to a more reasonable market value. In reality, you are going to have to pay market value for ammo if you need it right now regardless of where you buy it. It would be easier to pay a higher price at Academy or somewhere and get what you need than have to order it from the scalpers on gunbroker, or not be able to get it at all, which is the case for many at this point

Uh, No!

How about do a stock offering raise (which everyone would buy) and double manufacturing of ammo? Gee there's a novel idea.

Comment

The best thing to do is let the market do its thing. Leave it alone, and it will correct itself through market forces. I know this, we will never see the prices we did before the pandemic.....never.

Comment

Ammo is already starting to be in stock on store shelves. I have walked in to my local Cabelas during the afternoon and have purchased common calibers. I have seen and read of other people walking in to Academy and purchasing ammo with no issues. Just give it some time for the pandemonium to subside.

Comment

You're right, that's a horrible idea

Comment

Manufacturing has to pick up or it will happen again as soon as prices drop back down

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
              The best thing to do is let the market do its thing. Leave it alone, and it will correct itself through market forces. I know this, we will never see the prices we did before the pandemic.....never.
              Academy still prices their ammo at pre shortage rates.

Comment

Problem is once prices go up they will never come down.

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
                  Problem is once prices go up they will never come down.
                  This. Exactly.

Once they figure out what you WILL pay, they don't give you a choice anymore.

Comment

History should repeat itself given past results. We lived through the clintons/Obama’s & now the Biden’s.

Comment

Easiest way is for everyone to quit paying the stupid marked up prices that I have seen online and in the classifieds here on TBH...

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                        History should repeat itself given past results. We lived through the clintons/Obama’s & now the Biden’s.
                        That kind of rational, level headed thinking isn't allowed here. LOL.

Comment

We have seen this self correct several times since Obama took office.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                            Easiest way is for everyone to quit paying the stupid marked up prices that I have seen online and in the classifieds here on TBH...

That'll do it!

Comment

Anyone who thinks prices wouldn't eventually come down is incorrect. Prices would only go up when there is a shortage, eventually there won't be a shortage. Then the prices go back down. What was it, 15 years ago we were paying $4 a gallon for gas and everybody would say it would never go down, and now it's $2 a gallon. Market dictates price. The reason Academy has no ammo on shelf is because they have the prices artificially low for the current market. It's all pretty basic.

As long as people shame places like Academy into keeping their prices artificially low, the shortages will last longer than they should

Comment

Working...
                              X