Gun Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Value

I am going to a gun show this weekend and may take this gun to use as trade bait for something that may interest me. In this crazy COVID world, I am not as confident in current gun values.

Browning Medallion BOSS in .270.
    Comes with a Burris Signature scope 6x24 power

It is no safe queen, but has been shot very little in the last 10 years.

I would say condition is 85% with a few scratches and dings in the stock from normal use.

Any idea on the value? I was thinking around $800??
    Attached Files

I'd say you're inline at 800

Comment

i would start higher and negotiate down to $800

Comment

Exact same gun w/o scope on gun trader right now is $755+shipping. $800 is a good starting spot. Just keep in mind on trades, most of the time, the guy taking your firearm is "taking your word" for a lot of things since he cant fire the weapon. He will be under the assumption he is taking all the risk so the offer will come in under value. Its almost impossible to get what you think its worth. Realistically, cut the value by 25% and that's probably a more likely value for gun show trades

Comment

^^^^^^ This plus he has to sell for a profit as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

My guess is that it would be worth more selling it to a private party. My experience at gun shows these days is that there are rarely any deals like there used to be years ago. What I have seen happen quite often is another attendee at the show will see your rifle and be interested in purchasing it. I see guys carry their rifle on their shoulder inside the show with a "for sale" sign taped to the barrel. I think your target market goes beyond the guy sitting behind the table with some guns lined up across the the top of it.
            Good luck to you!

BTW, great user name! I have been a 220 Swift fan since the late 70's!

Comment

I personally thing $800 it to high for the condition and scope. These rifles were liquidated by Browning back in the late 90's. Not many people liked the boss system. They're quality rifles, but I think your going to get offers in the $500 to $650 range if any at all. Your better off selling it here were people appreciate the Japan built Brownings.

Comment

Thanks All.

Comment

I believe you guys are undervaluing his optic. While it's not my cup of tea, that scope should bring $225-300 in the current market. OP, unless you already have that rifle dialed in and want to keep it that way should it not sell, I'd suggest removing the scope before you go to the show.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                    I believe you guys are undervaluing his optic. While it's not my cup of tea, that scope should bring $225-300 in the current market. OP, unless you already have that rifle dialed in and want to keep it that way should it not sell, I'd suggest removing the scope before you go to the show.
                    Good idea.

I was thinking $600 on the rifle and $200 on the scope.

Comment

They're going to offer you $550-$600 at the gun show. Better off selling person to person.

Comment

My buddy tried to sell a brand new never Beretta A400 and the best offer he got was 50% of list price or around $900.00. If it was me I would do as others mentioned decouple the scope and rife and sell separately and sell it in the parking lot to another participant.

Good luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by buckduster View Post
                          They're going to offer you $550-$600 at the gun show. Better off selling person to person.
                          I won't sell it for that. Really wanting to trade for BLR.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                            I personally thing $800 it to high for the condition and scope. These rifles were liquidated by Browning back in the late 90's. Not many people liked the boss system. They're quality rifles, but I think your going to get offers in the $500 to $650 range if any at all. Your better off selling it here were people appreciate the Japan built Brownings.
                            This is spot on. The BOSS system was very unpopular. That scope, while high quality is older. You'll really do better selling it on Gunbroker. Even at a large show, you'd be lucky to get a $500 offer. A dealer could have that gun a long time before the right buyer came along.

Comment

I would take off the scope. I think a easier sale for 550-600 bare gun than 800 with scope. Or at least take a multi tool screwdriver to be able to take it off at the show.

Comment

Working...
                              X