Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remembering Dale Earnhardt....20 years ago today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Napcar is just another woke sport now.

I basically stopped watching after Richard Petty retired.

I did watch the end of the Daytona 500 every year(I like to watch the last couple holes of The Masters too) and was watching when Dale ate the wall. I sure wish he would have worn a HANS device. Shame for him to go out like that.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
        Didn't really know much about the sport but was a sad deal, just remember one of friends Dad said he got what he deserved, I guess he was a mean son of a gun.
        Yeah after hearing JR on a podcast, got a better understanding of how he was. He was motivated to win at any cost even at the expense of his family life or the lack of connection with his family.

Still a sad thing, you don't want to see someone go out like that without the chance to make changes in your life, maybe mend some of that family disconnect.

Sad deal, RIP sir, he was one of the best for sure.

Comment

NASCAR hasn't been the same since. He was the MAN.

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
            I had just started watchin nascar when it happened.
            Was a sad deal watchin on tv.
            Darrell Waltrip calling the Daytona 500 while his brother Michael Waltrip won it in a DEI car and #3 crashed was pretty surreal.
            The tributes for him at ea track that year were amazing.
            If youve never gone to a race, you owe it to yourself to see 1 in person.
            Its amazing how fast they run.
            Fighter pjlots on wheels.
            His death caused nascar to implement lots of major safety measures.
            RIP
            Yep, thats what I tell people, go see one in person, it is amazing how those guys handle those cars at those speeds. I was a newb and had no clue how loud it would be. Went with no ear protection at TMS. I bought some soon as it got underway for about 50X the cost of regular ear muffs lol. Enjoyed it so much though!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
              Alot of people probably don't know who he even is. Hardly anyone even watches NASCAR any more.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang! I remember it well. I was watching at home and trying to make it to the end of the race to make a tee time for later that day. Saw the crash then left the house thinking it was just another wreck. I was really into nascar at the time and that was terrible news when I heard what happened. He was a legend

Comment

Go listen the Dale Jr. Podcast, that had Kenny Schrader featured. It is a 2 part podcast. Number 2 has a segment where Dale Jr. reads Schrader a letter Jr wrote for Schrader. I listened to it recently. It was before teh cold snap, made my eyes sweat.

Comment

Wow, 20 years... crazy how that wreck didn't look that bad compared to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                      The crazy thing is how much they did to those cars and helmets since he passed . Sad took him getting killed for it to happen. That hit he took is nothing like they take now days and the guys just walk away from it for the most part .
                      Even back then that hit when he went into the wall didn’t look that bad. Any 1 of the major safety devices they have today (HANS device and safety barrier walls) he would have probably walked away from that wreck. They say he would have probably at least survived with even a full face helmet instead of that open helmet he wore. Sad deal.
                      Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                      Go listen the Dale Jr. Podcast, that had Kenny Schrader featured. It is a 2 part podcast. Number 2 has a segment where Dale Jr. reads Schrader a letter Jr wrote for Schrader. I listened to it recently. It was before teh cold snap, made my eyes sweat.
                      DE Jr’s podcast is golden and Ken Schrader is a class act that’s for sure.

Comment

I saw that race, called my son in law, devistated him.
                        I just wish Dale Earnhardt Sr. Was still around to slap pizz out of these candy azz drivers we've got now.
                        Nobody has a sack on themselves any more in NASCAR.
                        Long live #3 the Intimidator!

Comment

Truly a legend.

Comment

I’ve never been a nascar nut but was always a fan of Number 3. I just happened to be watching the race when it happened.

Thanks for posting Joel.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Crazy how time flies by. I was never a big Nascar fan, but remember that day. I was riding with my dad when the news came on the radio.

It also brings back a memory of when I was a kid. We had one of those slot car sets back in the day. The 2 cars we had were the #3 Earnhardt Goodwrench car and the City Chevrolet car from Days of Thunder.

Comment

Dale and Neil Bonnet were friends of mine. Both of them stayed at my house in Hale Co Alabama. Bonnet was so quiet you'd never know he was a driver. Dale was Dale...all the time.every day. I quit watching NASCAR when they were killed.

Comment

Working...
                                X