Generator using parallel cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generator using parallel cables

When you use parallel cables on a generator on say a 2300 starting watts / 1800 running watts is there any advantage over a generator that 3800 starting watts and 35oo running watts?

Thanks

Weight. two 55# generators, vs one 110# generator. Also, if you don't need 3000 watts, you can only run one and save fuel

Comment

Less voltage drop over a longer run length.

Comment

I ran 2 Honda eu2000i generators in parallel... Gave me 3200 watts continuous... They weigh 47 pounds each...
        A Honda eu3000i generator weighs almost 200# and provides 2600 continuous watts...
        Each 2000i holds 1 gallon of gas and ran my bowfishing HPS lights 8 hours... The 3000i burned about 2.5 gallons...
        Best weight/watt and fuel consumption/watt I could find for my application.

Other thing is the 2 eu2000's cost less than one eu3000...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          I ran 2 Honda eu2000i generators in parallel... Gave me 3200 watts continuous... They weigh 47 pounds each...
          A Honda eu3000i generator weighs almost 200# and provides 2600 continuous watts...
          Each 2000i holds 1 gallon of gas and ran my bowfishing HPS lights 8 hours... The 3000i burned about 2.5 gallons...
          Best weight/watt and fuel consumption/watt I could find for my application.

Other thing is the 2 eu2000's cost less than one eu3000...
          This is what I have learned. I just bought a Polaris P2000i and after the $150 instant rebate, if I buy another for the same rate, I'll save $300 rather than buying the 3000i. Which I'm considering doing. BTW I didn't know Polaris made generators. I just called them on a last ditch effort on Saturday after every place else was sold out.

Comment

I bought 2 Westinghouse i2500 but have not bought the parallel kit yet but plan to. During this freeze I have ran 1 with our 110 volt water well pump and also had a old school light bulb to keep well pressure switch from freezing it would run 8 hrs on 1 gal of gas.

Comment

Working...
            X