Ammo gougers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
    Yes! On January 7, we got a call from our supplier that we had a major price increase coming on the 9th. We bought a bundle of of 2x4's and 2x6's and so far we feel it was the best bet. Now plywood is as crazy as it gets.

Also for all of you construction guys you need to watch your material closely. We had some rebar get stolen on saturday.
    Ya no kidding lumber right now is insane. Every company that didnt need PPP money (and there are a ton that didnt need it and had a record smashing year) is buying new buidlings or renivating. We cant replace our farm truck now because there are no standard work class white pickups anywhere in 800 miles. Plywood at lowes was $23 a couple months ago and is close to $40 a sheet now. I am not saying if I was a small business I wouldnt be taken advantage of this (cus my company is lol). But gosh its proofing a headache to buy items lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
      Maybe think about that old saying “don’t sh*t where you eat”.
      I’m sitting on a very substantial amount of both loaded ammunition in 5.56 and 9mm, as well as 25K+ primers, 60+ pounds of powder, and more projectiles and brass than I have time to count. I could sell a lot of this in the current times and make enough profit to pay for a nice shop building.........but I won’t. Why? Because that would make me POS gouger contributing to the problem that many of us on here are speaking of (while others claim it’s “capitalism”). Call it what you want, but I won’t be a part of it. You can come at me with all the circular logic that you want, but as Smart already said above, you aren’t going to change my mind. The guys selling ammo on this site for ridiculously inflated prices should be flamed and called out by the masses, but they are all too afraid of being put in “time out” by the mods.
      I'll buy all the small pistol primers and tite group powder you will sell especially at normal Midway prices!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Comment

[QUOTE=muzzlebrake;15467103]

Oh, and I hoard arrows too[/

QUOTE]

I hadn’t even thought about this,Lol!! Could do broad heads too if so inclined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Any of y'all bought a #2 pine 2x4 lately?
          We are adding a bedroom, bathroom, and massive pantry on to our house...it literally hurt when we started adding up the cost

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Has anybody changed anybody's mind?

No? Great! ....can we please stop bumping this **** thread so the same folks don't have to repeat the same opinions over and over every time it gets bumped....

Good grief...we get it....Some folks don't care about other fellow TBHers or the way the forum classifieds used to be and was created for and some do care. So folks care more about helping a fellow TBHer, some folks care more about making a buck off them. Great we've settled it! Let's move on!

90K is not a real number ....well not an actual participating members number.....Casey ( I believe) said as much here a year or two ago ago. I think he said those participating is less than 10K .....don't quote me on that but it was significantly lower than the "registered screen names" total.. I was surprised when he said it.

Let me fill you in on the classifieds I remember.. There was a time not 5-7 years ago and before a fella would buy all the stuff on clearance at Academy (shirts, blinds etc) and try to mark them up here to resell and most of the TBH members would hammer down on them. There are other instances... too many to list. The place did not take kindly to gougers and resellers. The place kinda policed itself in that arena. The overall consensus and I've heard it said by mods here that the classifieds was for members to sell their used stuff amongst themselves at a reasonable price. Basically allowing TBHers to move some stuff they no longer used and TBHers to buy used stuff at a discounted price. But the jist was not to F your fellow TBHer because you could. New stuff could be sold with a sponsorship of course. These days some folks almost rejoice when **** sells at a ridiculous gouge and you have TBHers coming to defend them for doing so yelling capitalism, free-market and "you should have bought it when it was cheap" to justify the folks doing it.. And for the record I have mine, I've no need to buy unless I find it at a retail store so its not sour grapes. I'm just amazed at all the enablers compared to where this place used to be not even 5-6 years ago. Heck in the last ammo craze folks were more against it then they are now. Like several have said here and other threads, we don't care that a fella buys and gouges elsewhere....knock yourself out.....we care that they do it here. I know I'm not going to change anybody's minds. I just wanted to go more into detail for the folks that just don't understand how folks can have an issue with it....

Irony at its finest lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
              I thought you drank that cheerleader water in the skinny can?
              I only do that when others are around so i don't appear too intimidating. It's usually real manly stuff most of the time.

Comment

I see the term “Side Hustle” used on TBH to describe a side job or supplemental income and it’s not taken as derogatory. To me, side hustle indicates some kind of swindle. So be it, gouging ammo is someone’s “Side Hustle”, and therefore acceptable by TBH standards.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                  Irony at its finest lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why KAE0006 ....you wouldn't be a gouger now would you?..

The coerced me back in.....I was merely explaining how TBH was back just a few years ago and correcting him on the "member numbers"......fully knowing that I wasn't changing anybody's mind or expecting the thread to end when I posted like several here. Call it what you want..

Comment

Originally posted by Beleg View Post
                    I see the term “Side Hustle” used on TBH to describe a side job or supplemental income and it’s not taken as derogatory. To me, side hustle indicates some kind of swindle. So be it, gouging ammo is someone’s “Side Hustle”, and therefore acceptable by TBH standards.

Why don't you ask the knife, feeder/blind sales, metal works, spice mixers and euro mount guys what they have to do to make their side hustle acceptable on TBH? And it not just a proclamation by Beleg to get it done.

Folk's side hustle requires at least an associate sponsorship to peddle on TBH, no?
                    Last edited by Smart; 02-12-2021, 12:36 PM.

Comment

My post was somewhat in jest. I don’t like the term side hustle to describe honest labor. I remember a thread titled What’s Your Side Hustle? Or something like that. Just pointing out a little hypocrisy. Got nothing to do with TBH sponsors.

Comment

Why don't you ask the knife, feeder/blind sales, metal works, spice mixers and euro mount guys what they have to do to make their side hustle acceptable on TBH? And it not just a proclamation by Beleg to get it done.

Folk's side hustle requires at least an associate sponsorship to peddle on TBH, no?
                        I'll try to agree with you... I think most agree the long term 100% resell guys on TBH shouldn't be here. The ones who are only here to sell stuff.

But if you stop them all then it will make it even harder for a TBHer to get ammo. Are you speaking for those TBHers who don't mind spending $1/rd to buy ammo if it means they don't have to get up early and wait in line?

You should know the definition of gouge : or to swindle or steal by overcharging.

No one HAS to buy ammo at todays market prices.

Comment

Not gonna get sucked in by the king of controversial threads. .... you’re gonna have to find some other suckers to get your jollies off today.
                          Lol

Comment

I blame the buyers before the gougers, although I think both should be chastised. I've got about 100 rounds for each caliber deer rifle, 1000 rounds of .223, and about 500 for each of my pistols. If push came to shove, there's no way I could ever use all of those rounds. I bought a box here and two boxes there back when they were plentiful. So guess what I haven't done since the ammo shortage... gone out and shot a few hundred rounds off for fun. Guess what else I haven't done... gone out and bought a few hundred rounds I don't need. This isn't rocket science. very few of us truly need rounds right now, and a lot of y'all are buying anyway. So pay the price that's being asked when you already have 200 rds in your closet, but don't gripe about it. Or perhaps instead of hoarding new ammo just don't waste the stuff you already have until prices go down.

Comment

Jeez this thread is all over the place. I was considering listing some HIGHLY sought after ammo here to fund a nice set of dies, I guess I'll just leave it in the cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                                Jeez this thread is all over the place. I was considering listing some HIGHLY sought after ammo here to fund a nice set of dies, I guess I'll just leave it in the cabinet.
                                Prolly best to do that with this crowd if you want to keep your upstanding lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X