Cheaper than Dirt fined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    If you are just going to turn around and replace it then why sell it to begin with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Problem is they get fined much less than they actually make my gal Jean. So it’s still worth it for them in the end

Comment

Cheaper than Dirt fined

Go visit texas gun shop in Corpus Christi.

I was in there a few months ago and they had CCI blazer 9mm for $49.95 a box. The kid asked if I needed help and I told him not at those prices.

He told me It was fine because his back was sore from reloading the shelves everyday.

That is one store I won’t ever step in again. Bad enough wasting my time after seeing their prices but dealing with some smart *** kid was over the top.
        Last edited by kyle1974; 02-12-2021, 08:01 AM.

Comment

I love Texas. I love this line, from that article.

The Texas AG's office has identified ammunition as a necessity

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post

I was in there a few months ago and they had CCI blazer 9mm for $49.95 a box. The kid asked if I needed help and I told him not at those prices.

He told me It was fine because his back was sore from reloading the shelves everyday.

That is one store I won’t ever step in again. Bad enough wasting my time after seeing their prices but dealing with some smart *** kid was over the top.

Your smartass remark warranted a smartass response from the kid. Good for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              It makes no difference to me. If people are willing to pay their prices it's nobody else's business. Supply and demand. Be prepared or pay the price and whine.
              Well said, (im not of fan of this company [at all] like many of you) I strongly bet CDT paid a pretty penny for any of the ammo they have. I have seen insanly cheap sales on their website which no one complains about and even pricy one now. From a vendor point of view Its totally possible they were charging standard mark up on items they bought at high price. If thats not the case shame on them I guess but part of me still thinks this is just supply and demand. If you cant afford it go somewhere else. The stuffs valuable right now.

Once you agree on an item it shouldnt change price. However that doesnt mean you should agree to a quote and then want to place the order 8 months later out of the blue and expect to have the same price. Given this is kinda of an industry specific point of view, it may vary between industrys.

Thats just me playing devils advocate, I work as a salemen and have been called a price gouger before, its no fun and hurts. In my case its flat out false and we sued two companies and won. Its really hard to prove price gouging and the state division that looks into it will probably just give them a wrist slap and say move along WITHOUT a penilty or even a warning. Ill be curious to see what happens, thanks for posting this!
              Last edited by IOWA BOW HUNTER; 02-12-2021, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post

Sounds like a witty kid. As someone else noted, also sounds like you fired the first shot there.

Comment

CTD sucks however I believe the AG is overstepping by trying to claim ammo as a necessity. Not far to change the rules in the middle of the game, if the gouging laws had already stated that ammunition was included in the restrictions for price gouging then so be it, but I highly doubt that is/was the case. Hopefully CTD wins this one, surprised how many here want more Big Brother involvement.

Comment

Working...
                  X