Vortex dupe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex dupe.

I geuss i thought with all this talk about Vortex and made in USA. i spent my 300.00 on a set of diamondbacks to keep in my truck. Upon closer inspection they are made in China. Kinda felt kicked in the gut. So for those of you out there like me. Its not a made in America company. Buyer Beware.

I think only there top of the line. AMG items made in USA. Others are sourced from outside and just replaced when they break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It not a huge secret.

Vortex is an American company based in Barneveld, Wisconsin. They started out as a Wild Birds Unlimited franchise in the the garage of the owners home in around 2000. They got into the optics business to satisfy the needs of their birding customers. They now have 250 employees.

Like many other companies most of their optics are manufactured overseas by optics contractors to Vortex engineer's specifications. The AMG models are made in Wisconsin. The Razor HD models are made in Japan, The Viper models are made in the Philippines, the Diamondback HD and Crossfire models are made in China.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Viper model and I have the following 'observations' (pun):
        The eyepieces are at the almost minimum spacing (no, my eyes are not abnormally close together).
        The adjustment is way, way too coarse. When focusing, one has to move the wheel just a tiny, tiny bit to focus. I'd rather have a finer thread pitch.
        The rubber eyepieces stay at the fully extended position and could probably be extended further out, but not possible. I find the viewing requires the rubber eyepieces to be hard up against the top of my eye socket bone (other binoculars are more centered on my eyes).
        The rubber covers on the big end are good (fit and wearing well).
        The rubber covering over the whole binocular is good as well.
        Mine are 15x50.

Comment

Really? I didn't know anyone thought they were made here, except for the top of the line model. My UHD's are from Japan. Love them, fantastic glass for half the price of other brands also made overseas.

Comment

Yeah I’m gonna buy something made in China- seems like I heard something about some kinda virus being started by those people?????

Comment

better than being called US Optics and not making things in the US anymore

Comment

Just wait till it breaks a couple times

Comment

As others stated i geuss i was in the dark. I know now. They seem fine but i was just disappointed. I would not have purchased had i known.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red 82 View Post
                    As others stated i geuss i was in the dark. I know now. They seem fine but i was just disappointed. I would not have purchased had i known.
                    Since you feel so strongly, I assume you'll be returning them?

What other company would you now go with when sourcing 2 scopes for $300?

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                      Since you feel so strongly, I assume you'll be returning them?

What other company would you now go with when sourcing 2 scopes for $300?
                      he bought a set of binos, not 2 scopes

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                        he bought a set of binos, not 2 scopes

Ah, they make diamondback scopes too.

Okay, what binos would you have bought instead?

Comment

Bushnell

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                          Ah, they make diamondback scopes too.

Okay, what binos would you have bought instead?

Bushnell. Made in Japan.
                          I own 2 pair of Swarovski. It’s not the out of America thing it’s the hiding it under made in America that I did not like. I’m no fan of China. I just wanted to make sure others are eyes wide open. I will not badmouth the product just the marketing part of the company. I am entitled to not like them if I choose. And if you are a big time Vortex guy I do not begrudge you either.

Comment

I don't think they duped you. You may not have researched it quite enough, but you wernt duped. Their top of the line optics are American made.

I don't like their Diamonback series. Viper series is as low as I go and are excellent.. Just asking, is there any American optics companies that don't outsource at some point?

Comment

Just because it's an American Company doesn't automatically mean everything is made here. Pretty common to import products. There are actually very few American made Optics.

Comment

Working...
                              X