Hunting Laguna Atascosa Bahia Grande

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Laguna Atascosa Bahia Grande

Have a nilgai hunt there 2/19-2/21. Never hunted this type of terrain/amount of land. What are some of the must have things you need to pack for this type of hunt or what you'd definitely have if you hunted it again? Thanks in advance.

Good boots and lots of water

Comment

there's a thread about it in public hunting forum. Good info

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
        there's a thread about it in public hunting forum. Good info
        Thanks

Comment

As mentioned above, theres a thread on it. But to answer your question...Its pretty wide open except for some little hills every so often. I really wanted to get drawn for this hunt this year, but I didn't. I belive its the first time they opened up this unit. The nilgai are out there for sure. I see them off highway 100 all the time grazing in the open.

As also mentioned above.. water and good footwear... don't forget a game cart. Your more than welcome to borrow mine if you need one. I live about 20min away from that unit.

Good luck to you...hope you share pics if you get something.

Comment

I just posted my Scouting Day report in the other thread. I didn't mention that it was hot and bone dusty dry out there today. Lots of water. The really good news is that it is almost impossible to walk more than about 2 miles from your truck. The bad news is that when you are walking around you might as well have a big neon sign over you that says "HEY NILGAI, HERE I AM."

Comment

Working...
            X