Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol!

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
    I was hoping it would be simple enough for y'all to understand, my hopes are low though
    Oh,it's simple amigo..Simply ignorant.
    Make ammunition so f'n expensive that only mf'rs with lots of scratch can afford it..Want me to register it while I'm at it? Document,and send spent cases to the Fed's? **** that.Ammo is cheap as hell to produce..I'll always have ammunition for the guns I have currently,and the many more I purchase in the future..Obviously you've never loaded a rifle bullet,or a shotgun shell...If you think for one second that jacking the price up is a solution to consumption,you **** sure haven't put diesel in a tractor,truck,or boat.
    Making ammo expensive as hell is what the dem's want..Join a few hunting groups around the world,and run your plan by them..You'll be humbled immediately.

Comment

I hope RJH1 is right!

Comment

We all want ammo, here is how to get it as quick as possible:

1 Ammo companies need to install ~100% mark up to wholesalers

2 Wholesalers need to install ~20%markup to retailers

3 Retailers need to install ~20% markup to the customers

These numbers are approximate, but the end result needs to be ~$1 a round for FMJ pistol ammo and $4 a round for basic rifle ammo (could possibly need to be even higher). While i know some people will think this is a horrible idea, select ammo would be available if needed, and in a short time the shelves would be full. The best way to stop a run on a product is to price it out of hoarders/scalpers reach. After the shelves start to fill up, the price can come down to a more reasonable market value. In reality, you are going to have to pay market value for ammo if you need it right now regardless of where you buy it. It would be easier to pay a higher price at Academy or somewhere and get what you need than have to order it from the scalpers on gunbroker, or not be able to get it at all, which is the case for many at this point

I hope we went to different business schools

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are retailers buying ammo through wholesalers? I don’t think that’s the case.

Retailers aren’t going to pay 100% more, at least not for long. So then mfgs will build inventory until they get tired of looking at it and not selling it, and gradually lower the price until it starts to sell. It could build some inventory, but it’s not a cure to the problem.

I wish the mfgs wouldn’t ship a round for two weeks, then flood the shelves all at one just to watch the idiots fight. Then walk in the next day and buy what I need.

Comment

Lol!

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
            I hope we went to different business schools

I showed that to my masters degree in accounting wife...She handed my phone back,and said;"they better make something other than bullets".

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Are retailers buying ammo through wholesalers? I don’t think that’s the case.

Retailers aren’t going to pay 100% more, at least not for long. So then mfgs will build inventory until they get tired of looking at it and not selling it, and gradually lower the price until it starts to sell. It could build some inventory, but it’s not a cure to the problem.

I wish the mfgs wouldn’t ship a round for two weeks, then flood the shelves all at one just to watch the idiots fight. Then walk in the next day and buy what I need.

I believe your second paragraph outlines exactly what RJH is trying to say. When retail is becoming a second wholesaler to individuals prices aren’t correct to address the demand.

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                I believe your second paragraph outlines exactly what RJH is trying to say. When retail is becoming a second wholesaler to individuals prices aren’t correct to address the demand.
                Thank you for stating more concisely what i was trying to get at. I might have convoluted it, but you and Dale are saying pretty much what i was thinking, and probably in a clearer way

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                  Oh,it's simple amigo..Simply ignorant.
                  Make ammunition so f'n expensive that only mf'rs with lots of scratch can afford it..Want me to register it while I'm at it? Document,and send spent cases to the Fed's? **** that.Ammo is cheap as hell to produce..I'll always have ammunition for the guns I have currently,and the many more I purchase in the future..Obviously you've never loaded a rifle bullet,or a shotgun shell...If you think for one second that jacking the price up is a solution to consumption,you **** sure haven't put diesel in a tractor,truck,or boat.
                  Making ammo expensive as hell is what the dem's want..Join a few hunting groups around the world,and run your plan by them..You'll be humbled immediately.

I mean... I shoot more than most folks on this forum, and I'm not buying primers for $300/1k.... so I'd say cranking the price is slowing demand.

But I'm just a dumb range conservationist that happens to like guns.

Comment

We all want ammo, here is how to get it as quick as possible:

1 Ammo companies need to install ~100% mark up to wholesalers

2 Wholesalers need to install ~20%markup to retailers

3 Retailers need to install ~20% markup to the customers

These numbers are approximate, but the end result needs to be ~$1 a round for FMJ pistol ammo and $4 a round for basic rifle ammo (could possibly need to be even higher). While i know some people will think this is a horrible idea, select ammo would be available if needed, and in a short time the shelves would be full. The best way to stop a run on a product is to price it out of hoarders/scalpers reach. After the shelves start to fill up, the price can come down to a more reasonable market value. In reality, you are going to have to pay market value for ammo if you need it right now regardless of where you buy it. It would be easier to pay a higher price at Academy or somewhere and get what you need than have to order it from the scalpers on gunbroker, or not be able to get it at all, which is the case for many at this point
                    I couldn’t agree more! Let natural market forces work their magic on achieving equilibrium between supply and demand. This is a far better solution than looking to the government to apply artificial controls.

Comment

My solution to the ammo crisis is buying when it was plentiful and cheap a few years ago.

Comment

How about we all just take a pause from burning ammo and let the scalpers get nervous. Or maybe raise some hell with the retailers for selling ammo to the same twenty guys every time a shipment comes in.

Comment

You can't apply a concept in its most basic form to an extremely complex example. This isn't a case where 1000 people want 10 widgets each and there's only 2000 widgets. Add in the 3 to 4 or more unique complexities right now all of which other than a democratic pres could arguably be considered a black swan.... it's just not as simple as you make it.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                            Man, you just won't quit, will you? You are alone on this issue and completely wrong. Give it a break.

Clearly he just wanted to argue with everyone.

Comment

Working...
                            X